1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moto America - NJMP - Sept 7-8 2019

Discussion in 'General' started by TX Joose, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Who said it was ok? It’s far from ok especially considering his son did a good job of keeping so composed the day before. I get the dads frustration and I’m sure the fine was a lot easier to take than the talking to he probably got by Chris and for his sake let’s hope not from JU.

r6boater and Hoffman900 like this.
  2. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

I think it is a large part of it personally. Hayden is a good guy and always has been, the deck is stacked against him due to his size and that gets frustrating. Makes him have to ride harder than he should. That is never a good thing.

Hoffman900 likes this.
  3. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Man, I wouldnt want to walk into that trailer and see J.U. standing there waiting on you..:eek:

jonathanp, r6boater and Hoffman900 like this.
  4. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Why did you guys miss this round? Kris is usually good at mixing shit up and putting on a show. Was hoping to see him run.

5. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Thanks to @BigBird for the awesome help in the pits and on the grid this weekend! That was a huge help!

[​IMG]

And congrats to @regularguy and @SPATT for building an awesome 3rd gen SV for Curtis. And Curtis’ old bike racing for the lead underneath Jackson... just awesome. Even the announcers noted that it looked like you just removed the “0” to go from 180 to 18.

I tried to help that RBOM bike win accidentally when Alex went around me on the outside and Jackson took the lead passing me on the inside, but honestly, I was trying to set up the 2 guys in front of me for a pass and didn’t see a blue flag. Maybe a blue flag a few corners earlier would have helped. Maybe not because I wanted in front of Price and Whitten but maybe.

And finally, holy crap @ghetto customs for that front end save on your knee and then creating a new sport “grass tracking”.

6. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

This didn't age well :Poke:

DDK732 and Hoffman900 like this.
  7. turner38

We had more reasons to stay home than to go. Didn’t want to spend the weekend listening to stunter fags on Sportsters again because we were parked as far away from pit road and as close to them as possible the last few rounds, didn’t want to put up with all the BS of driving through DC to get there. Didn’t want to spend the 2-3k it would cost me to put the bike on the grid with Barber just a couple of weeks away. We have drawn nothing but crap hands all year. It is time to fold and wait for a new deck, or at least a new shuffle.

Spang308 likes this.
  8. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

Lee won, Mesa and Frankie "had somethin for him"... how did this not "age well" ? He was pushed to the very end, had the race not been red flagged and shortened, Alexander MIGHT have got him. Did we expect Lee to win ? sort of. Talent, lots of backing, well sorted bike, DK makin sure everything is workin... tough combo when you look at the family and friends backing of the other guys in the class as total team package. But he didn't exactly run away with it. Made for a great race!
    ;)

9. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Stock 1000 is waiting. He has mad skills and size wouldnt be nearly the same problem.

10. ahastings

ahastings Well-Known Member

Frankies interview during red flag was classic NY. lol

turbulence and MELK-MAN like this.
  11. BC

BC Well-Known Member

A. Barrister, Pitdad42 and Circacee like this.
  12. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Pretty much what I saw. 2nd through 5th were all swapping positions all race, but were still glued to Lee.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  13. MELK-MAN

and can't comprehend how fast PJ, Fong, SDK and others were on 600s! was it just over 1 second on average compared to the SUPERBIKES ? insane stuff. Track does lend itself to that a bit though, lots of flow, not so much stop and go. Top twins were just off the club race winning 600 times .. i bet they were happy for 80's and sunny for a change !

BigBird and r6boater like this.
  14. MELK-MAN

logic.. flawed...(in my humble opinion).
    the dad of a rider cleaned out (arguably) by a rider riding overly aggressive for some time (again, arguably) throwing a bottle of water, when riding that way can kill people if it goes too far (it's what they think), VS hand flailing ?? .. where you just look like a goon, a cry baby, but it hurts nobody. comparing the two? common now.

I DO agree it was far from professional to throw a bottle of water. Even from the father of a pro rider who's son was just (allegedly) cleaned out by said rider. But, having raced with the south Americans for years here in FL, Hayden was lucky that was all he did :)
    I kid.. i kid. These guys (Mesa, Kelly, the Silva's, Pietri, Santiago Villa, the list is long) are passionate, no doubt but i have never known them to do anything dirty.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  15. turner38

It’s not like he is big now...
    Can’t afford 1000 racing. We will go to 600’s if we race next year and that is a pretty big if at this point.

16. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

Hmmm

Attached Files:

17. turner38

That was very well said by JD and I completely agree having watched him ride and race with Kris from the very beginning.

Ducman851 likes this.
  18. I’d walk straight to my rental car and send a text “sorry son, you are on your own”. :) in reality man up and face he music it just wouldn’t be a tune I’d want to hear without being a bit nervous. In all seriousness there’s quite a mix of styles out there and things will happen but roughing the kid up was a bit much. As for Fong I think he just got in a bit too hot and he could’ve either went for it or t boned PJ. PJ showed great race craft and played it smart.

19. 418

418 Expert #59

JD hit the nail on the head as far as what people want. Or not knowing what they want.

Long story short, Gillim gave us something to talk about. I'm alright with that.

Circacee likes this.
  20. 418

418 Expert #59

Parrish been watching Marquez? Just seen the race, that thing was fully tucked.

MELK-MAN, Monsterdood and Circacee like this.