1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C8 Corvette Reveal

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Jul 18, 2019.

Tags:
  1. BigBird

BigBird blah

What happened is dealers are charging over $20k markups right now in most dealerships. I think once the intro cars get out of the way, the regular ones will start selling at MSRP.

Also read that the C8 will only be under 60k for the first year and then will be probably closer to 65-70 the second year. Sort of like the GT-R did and well now it's like 120k

Sent from my smatrfone

2. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Hooker and Blow dispenser?

Aftermarket Errythang?

Ive read 1000+ HP....:beer:

3. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Do you mean the new Toyota Z4?

noles19 likes this.
  4. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

I think everybody expected or maybe hoped for it to be one of these eleventy billion hp things you see on YouTube.
    Let’s be honest, the previous Supra wasn’t a standout by any means until somebody did some pretty serious work to it. I think the new one fills that same slot, pretty meh. Will the Bimmer motor ever get close to the 2JZ? I guess time will tell.

Apparently the dealers watched the first Fast and Furious too many times...$20K over sticker :crackup:

BigBird and ducnut like this.
  5. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

I would not count the V8 out, as long as the price of gas stays fairly low. Look at all the V8 trucks,Ford just came out with a new pushrod V8

6. Not to get political but it will depend on cafe standards

7. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

The new Supra doesn't do shit for me. I looks like a Z4 and Miata had an one night stand and the new Supra is the offspring of said drunken night in the sheets.

Now, this new Z06.....oh man I want but it won't be available with a 3rd pedal and you'll have to wait on getting one for a couple years until the hype wears off and some sleezeball named Anthony wants to move on his.

rd400racer likes this.
  8. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

After watching both videos of the cross plane and flat plane crank engines at full song, the old one was the one that gave me goosebumps. That old V8 cackle is just music to the ears for me.

9. I do agree, that little crackle has a sound that is hard to beat.

Shyster d'Oil likes this.
  10. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

That's right the reason for the little turbo 4s is the EPA required mileage, I mean does anybody want a puny little 4 cylinder in there Cadillac.

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I was talking to the Corvette team at Vir this past weekend and they were cagey about the C8.R. It's built and testing but no official announcement has been made about next season. Nobody was told to go looking for new jobs which is a good sign :D

Guess that was my last time seeing the C7.R in action and it was some great racing this weekend!
    I've got so many pics and videos of this team over the years. Can't wait to see the next gen in the garage.
    [​IMG]

12. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

BB:

There are many dealers that will sell at MSRP: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forum...-official-list-of-dealers-at-msrp-or-not.html

Deep discounts may be available as early as the 2021 C8, perhaps sooner if the economy tanks.

I want one, but not in yellow. . .

BigBird likes this.
  13. BigBird

BigBird blah

The first part I was talking about the Supra. A dealership wanted a $50k markup for the Launch edition.

Sent from my smatrfone

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Obviously, that means that the launch edition comes with a regular Supra that you actually drive while the garage queen stays inside, right? I mean, no one would be stupid enough to accept just one car for that amount of money, right?

BigBird likes this.
  15. Have you driven one? F150 with an eco-boost? Yes it is hard to get over the lack of sound but the torque is hard to beat at times from a properly done turbo

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I did an Eco Boost as a rental - I was seriously impressed and that's not easy to do in a truck. I like V8's and even better V8 diesels :D

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I don't know, man, some dealerships are pretty 'tarded when it comes to shit like that. They could and probably are trying to bring in those 2 or 3 suckers who HAVE to have the first one and they are going ass pack them for everything they can get.

The Supra is neat but not for me. A C8 or even a C7 would have me in jail and/ or morgue inside 3 months.

18. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

What, the ditch not good enough for ya? :crackup:

stk0308 and BigBird like this.
  19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

F@ck that ditch! I'd jump that ditch and take out an orphanage, a nunnery and the local office of UNICEF. :D

F@ck yo ditch!

[​IMG]

ChemGuy likes this.
  20. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I rented an Ecoboost Expedition Max for our family trip to Vermont two weeks ago and all I can say is, that damn thing rocked. Got killer gas mileage, plenty of power and comfortable as a Caddy. My mom was in the 3rd row and said it was wonderful. But no, I would want that beast as a daily driver.