1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Midwest Mini Tracks?

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by TheGrouchyCat, Oct 11, 2018.

1. TheGrouchyCat

TheGrouchyCat Don't let my friends know I'm slow

Hey guys I’ve got one more year left in college and after a three year break from racing I just need to get back into it any way I can. Mini racing seems cheap and fun, and I can store a little xr in my apartment here. I’m in West Lafayette Indiana and need some help finding local tracks. I know about OMRL, but their season appears to be over. Indoor tracks would be nice with the cold weather approaching. Thanks guys!

2wheeldev likes this.
  2. G2G

G2G I feel the need

3. cfaddict

cfaddict carbonated

Quincy Il TNT Kartways
    ..Grom racing! (z's can come 2)[​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

4. Mran556

Mran556 Well-Known Member

Road america kart track, us air shawno

5. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

6. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

7. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I believe so, but, don’t hold me to it. Better to call first.

8. cf

cf Well-Known Member

I'm in NE Indy and Whiteland Raceway Park is letting bikes run with their open practice sessions. I've been meaning to go run with my XR100 but my schedule is very tight. I stopped by the track the other weekend because we were in the area for a birthday party and there was just a handful of karts there for practice. They said if I had my bike then I would just get sessions (15 or 20 min) all to myself. $20 to practice and $5 per person. If you want to plan a trip some weekend send me a note, it would help to force my a$$ out there.

9. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I'd heard rumors of an indoor track in Wisconsin - can anyone confirm? It'd be great to do indoor 1x a month in the winter - stops me from losing my mind.

The.Johnner likes this.
  10. TheGrouchyCat

TheGrouchyCat Don't let my friends know I'm slow

Dang man just checked out their website and it looks like a sick track. I'm broke as balls now so won't be doing anything this season. Just dumped everything I earned from my internship last Spring into tuition, textbooks, and ramen noodles. Looks like the next time I'll have money will be when I move to work in SoCal next Summer.

11. Maximumjeff

Maximumjeff Well-Known Member

Mid-State Kart Club. Yes they are open.
    Central Illinois Mini Moto runs the bike events there.

ducnut and RRP like this.
  12. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

OMRL just posted round 9 info. Doesn’t look like their season is over.

13. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Was Supermoto banned there?

14. Maximumjeff

Maximumjeff Well-Known Member

I think they limit it to 125cc 4 stroke. It's mainly XR100's and Grom/Z125's. They had an event there either last weekend or the one before.

https://www.centralillinoisminimoto.com

ducnut likes this.
  15. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I’ll have to check out the next round.