1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dunlop Invite, September 27-29 at Hallett

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, May 10, 2019.

1. Pitmom42

Pitmom42 Active Member

I assume it's an event for Dunlop to unload the leftover MA spec. Tires to make room for new spec tires for 2020. Given, you will still have to pay for tires, maybe at budget prices?

2. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

So is it really Dunlop doing this? Or as Mongo mentioned is it some money grubbing website trying to capitalize off all the leftover MA spec rubber they bought at a discount as you mentioned? It will be interesting to see the outcome, if it really ever happens. Is MA even involved at all?

We need JU to chime in the with the true details!

3. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

4. AC1108

AC1108 Well-Known Member

I got another email about it today. Even more proof that "invite" means anyone who is willing to show up .

5. Maximumjeff

Maximumjeff Well-Known Member

After getting the invite, I emailed them asking for info. No response.

6. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

funny how the domain registration info is all anonymous as well

7. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

hope they repaired turn 9 at hallett. last time i rode it in june it was like rolling over a garden hose with the tar snakes coming up off the track because of the cars ripping them out.

8. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Someone at Yamaha Champions Riding School believes in it. They posted about it in their Instagram. Though, the "commercial" is a bunch of MotoAmerica riders talking about speed. With a little text thrown in to push people to the website.

9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

A lot of people believed in that Fyre Festival too...

Gino230, YamahaRick, Phl218 and 3 others like this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's sad. This will sucker in racers, taking away budget for actual races and do nothing but hurt the sport.

TLR67 likes this.
  11. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

It's just one more opportunity to get on the track. I don't see any problem with that.

12. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

There is, bigger picture. Everyone doing their own thing, isn't good for the greater thing.

One could give them credit for marketing and trying to build something, but this one TD rider I spoke with thought that these actual "scouts" who will be there, would be looking at him for "riding opportunities". Reading that page - while admittedly skeptic - felt misleading. If I'm looking at it from a business standpoint, it's a good way to sell some tires.

Darrell Prantera and TLR67 like this.
  13. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

That's commie talk!:p

14. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

The only scout showing up at that race will be from nesba

MELK-MAN, Phl218 and AC1108 like this.
  15. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I don't know anything about the event really, but it is from Corp Dunlop. And it seems it'll be cheap to go to. They chose Hallett because it's close to the center of the country.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well they need to do a lot more talking about who is running it and the like because right now it looks like a scam to build a website...

stk0308 likes this.
  17. yamageezer

yamageezer Well-Known Member

I got an invite, so you know it's shite. The entry fees are no joke either. :moon:

18. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

So are they letting randoms go or is it really invite only?

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So far the invites seem to go out to anyone who wants one so semi-random? :D

20. lightning97

lightning97 Well-Known Member

broke my neck 3 years ago but still got an invite. i think they are dragging for any and all. YMMV
    tim