1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tires

Discussion in 'General' started by Jaketheone46, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Maximumjeff

Maximumjeff Well-Known Member

It's phenomenal. Get signed up and go this weekend.

2. Jaketheone46

Jaketheone46 Well-Known Member

Bein

Seriously?? Wow read the thread. Not the last few post.

3. Jaketheone46

Which track??are you referring to the NCM track??

4. Jaketheone46

Is there really not one member on this forum that will actually read the thread and post something in my defense?? Seriously read the thread.

5. condon66

condon66 Member well known

You expressed an interest in tires that would accommodate your street pace and a few guys said take it to the track. If anyone in this thread needs to chill the fuck out it's you. You're taking this all the wrong way. Like I said earlier, you're talking to a lot of guys here who have a metric shit ton of track experience. If you're even a little bit witty and have followed the forum, you should have known there was going to be some feedback like this. And furthermore, if you have followed the forum you should have known that getting all pissy about it isn't going to get anybody in here worked up but you.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
    R1Racer99 likes this.
  6. Jaketheone46

I did ask for good tires, don’t quite recall the pace part but yes I probably do need to chill out. Unbelievably stressful week.

7. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

I would challenge you to go back and reread your first post. Then consider how people here with a considerable amount of riding experience, both racing, track days, and yes the street would perceive what you wrote. This is not gixer.com. There have been numerous people come here running this same story. Think of us as your Dad, who when you were young you didn’t think he knew a damn thing, but as you got older you came to the realization that yeah maybe he did know some stuff. ;)

8. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Because of this thread, I had been thinking about getting back out there, looking at upcoming dates, and fatass sizes for new leathers. But, y’all are just assholes and I can’t imagine having to share the track with some here. Even worse is having to be pitted by some prick that moves my stuff. Ugh!!!

9. Jaketheone46

Guess I was just hoping for a few more of the humble ones is all. Yes I did come for some tire info from those who I do know are more experienced with them. As for riding experience almost 40 years here. I’ve been riding since 5yrs old myself. There’s always more to learn for sure.

10. Jaketheone46

I’ll be on the market for some of the supersized leathers as well here soon. Lol.

ducnut likes this.
  11. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Worry less about tires and more about what 50yr old dude has pics of your girlfriend on his phone

Steeltoe and MachineR1 like this.
  12. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

FYI: STG is out of fatboy sizes on their $400 suit.

13. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

You aren’t far from me and on the way to most of the SE tracks. If you want to link up next season, send up a flare.

ducnut likes this.
  14. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I’ve actually been looking at Blackhawk, Autobahn, and Putnam options. I’d really rather do Barber, but, it’s considerably further, obviously.

15. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

No CCS for me, but if you want to race WERA SE/MC next year lemme know.

16. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

No racing; TD’s only.

17. notbostrom

TD= Trophy for everyone Day

ducnut likes this.
  18. notbostrom

Track day- you ride my around chewing up tires staying in your comfort zone usually not learning much

Race day- you ride around chewing up tires learning to go faster and ending the day with a sense of accomplishment and enough left over adrenaline to keep you pumped till the next race

motoracer1100 likes this.
  19. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Or, taking a 675 street bike and passing “expert” racers with race bikes. :Poke:

20. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I have the new Sedici suit from cycle gear. I love it, made well. Willing to bet it's on par with other quality budget suits.

ducnut likes this.