1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XR/CRF 100 or 150 for DT fun?

Discussion in 'General' started by ChemGuy, Jul 2, 2019.

1. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Which would you recommend for a.....um...ahem...husky dude (AKA typically American) to play flat track in his yard on? May do some ice in the winter as well and possibly hit some of the races on. Not looking to be a DT champion in the near future.

For reference I did American Supercamp 7-8 years ago on TTR 125's, played around on dirty bikes a little when younger, had an 80 with big bore kit for a while etc.

For the yard track, I have bout 300ft by 250ft of pretty flat overgrown grass I can make an oval/TT on, ~2 acres worth.

Also if it matters I am in SW MI and i dont know what they usually run for classes around here but it seems the 100 and 150 are pretty popular everywhere.

Thanks,

2. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

The TTR 125 has a bit more room than an XR100 for a "big" guy. If you MiniGP it, most stock 100 classes are predominantly TTRs.

3. Tas

Tas Well-Known Member

Get the 150. I’m 6’ 195lbs and physically, the ttr is too small.

4. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

I wasn't really shopping but just came across a deal I couldn't refuse on a 2016 CRF150F. I don't even know if it will fit in any classes or anything, I bought it for my wife to practice on and for me to get hurt on I'm sure. It feels much more like a full size dirt bike than a CRF100 or TTR125.

Now I need to find another set of wheels and some dirt track tires. :D

BigBird and dtalbott like this.
  5. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Always liked the crf...the 150.
    [​IMG]

6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

you can add a taller seat for a xr/crf 100. Adds 2.5" leg room
    Same on a ttr
    The 150F is abit heavier than both but doesnt seem to come on the used market often.

7. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I've got a DRZ125L with a 150 kit in it, pipe and carb. It goes pretty good.

8. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Whatever you buy make sure its brand new to help save our industry

BigBird and stk0308 like this.
  9. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

I used a 150f, it's heavier but it doesn't feel as cramped for an adult. 230 is the same size I believe if you want a bit more Hp.

10. ChemGuy

im not plowing the field with a gixxer...

:D

11. flyingpig70

flyingpig70 Well-Known Member

I love my little 120, it might a little small, but with the right mods, it is awesome! 59422672_1033359680194023_4982277954462547968_o.jpg

12. NickyZ

NickyZ Well-Known Member

Or just go all out on a 150!
    IMG_1500.JPG
    [​IMG]

13. ChemGuy

Thanks for the input.
    I'm leaning towards the 100 since I'm less likely to hurt myself on one...

14. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Define “husky”. :D

15. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

Regards to racing,,, the 150 has a class,,not so for the 100 but you can ride up.

16. brex

brex Well-Known Member

A KTM with white bodywork. :p

17. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

I have had the 150 and the ttr 125, i think the 125 had a better motor and the 150 would not get the front wheel off the ground.. I am 230lbs

ChemGuy likes this.
  18. 969

969 Well-Known Member

Dan I can bring my clapped out xr 120 over this weekend if you are going to be around.

19. ChemGuy

Have Xr100 in garage now.

Ive looked thu some of the threads on what wheels, tires etc to run for DT. Eff that its more confusing than a wireless contract.

Someone spoon feed me the particulars please... I know some years of 80 or 85 wheels work. Thinking pure DT right know so 17" or 19"???

@Robby-Bobby where you at??

BigBird likes this.
  20. 969

969 Well-Known Member

17's from Buchanan's spoke & rim.