1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For those that carry while riding

Discussion in 'General' started by L8 Braker, Jul 1, 2019.

1. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Fashionista Flat Stanley...lol

2. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

TurboBlew likes this.
  3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Fanny pack.

:D

Phl218 and TurboBlew like this.
  4. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Its always in my backpack, and I always have my backpack when Im riding.

5. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Doesn’t that make it hard to reach the gun if you need to put a cap in someone while riding?

TurboBlew and Sabre699 like this.
  6. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Often coupled with the big, stupid nerd glasses. WTF?

7. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

While riding? That's a pretty far fetched idea. Legally speaking it would take a lot to be ok with using a firearm while operating a motorcycle.
    As for the point of the question, everyone has a level of protection they are comfortable with. Lots of people don't need a gun at all. Some need it open carried and ready to go asap. Im somewhere in between.

8. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Holster seem to work great!!!

9. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

Usually when on the bike I use a shoulder holster... much more comfortable than anything around the waist when on a bike.

10. joec

joec brace yourself

Just don't land on it.

11. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Depends on where you frequent

12. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

I just keep mine in my inside jacket pocket.

13. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

I'll admit that I often ride in jeans (Levis or riding jeans). That said, I carry in a leather pancake holster @ 4 o'clock. I've never worried about losing my weapon or someone seeing it as the jacket covers it very well. So far, I've only carried my LCP but am planning on trying the XDs one of these days to see if it can be made comfortable enough.

Someone suggested to me that falling on it may suck but falling in general sucks so having a weapon may be of little consequence.

ducnut likes this.
  14. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

M&P Shield and a Concealment Express holster works well for me. The combo hides pretty well IWB.

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Anybody practice at the range with riding gloves on? Can't get a finger in the Glock trigger guard without partially depressing the trigger unless the gloves are thin. Just about any armored gloves are a no go for a decent grip especially with palm sliders and so forth.

I'm with Stupid likes this.
  16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Vroom vroom vroom. . . pew pew pew. . . Vroom vroom pew pew pew. . .

17. neckbrace

neckbrace Well-Known Member

I carry regularly, on a bike or otherwise. An M&P9c fits perfectly in the zip-up pockets of an Alpinestars leather jacket and its real easy to get to it. In a back pack or tail bag would be difficult.

Whatever you choose to carry, make sure you are able to fire it with gloves on. For me, that meant buying a different pair of gloves for street riding.

I would not want to have my gun anywhere but on my person, leaving it unsecure while I go into a gas station to take a piss just seems like a bad idea.

18. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

LCP in a Crossbreed Snapslide holster when on the moped. My regular ccw is a bit awkward on the moped.