1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 Concours de Competition at Barber June 29th

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Feb 20, 2019.

1. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Ok - I’m sure this is waaaay premature, but is the intent to makes this a yearly event?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

3. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Thanks Sean. The Slinghot project is about take on a whole new dimension.

4. Ben Sloter

Ben Sloter New Member

Are we allowed in track on Friday evening for setup?

5. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Yep probably after 5pm cst

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep. 5 is a good guess, just depends on when Porsche is done. Should be lining people up in lot B, security will direct you at the stop sign by the museum.

7. Harry V. III

Harry V. III Well-Known Member

Do the vintage racers pit in any one area for this event?

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The show bikes will all be on the upper tier. There will be people parking you once there. Gotta make it fancy looking :D

yamageezer likes this.
  9. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Just returned from Barber.

WHAT AN EVENT.

Well attended with some bad ass, rare and interesting bikes and equally excellent owners and supporters.

Many thanks to Ron & Robin Raven for dreaming this up, funding it and pouring heart and soul into making it actually happen in a hugely fun and successful way.

Many thanks to Evelyn and WERA for enabling Ron & Robin and being willing to take the chance and provide the venue and opportunity for this to happen. The other vintage racing org in the USA would not have ben so accommodating, and there's no way the program would have run as smoothly as WERA regularly accomplishes its weekends.

And, thanks to the Barber Museum and support staff for being a part of this grand scheme concocted by Ron & Robin & Evelyn & WERA. Nowhere else . . . .

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I appreciate the opportunity to be a part of this great event.

Cheers,

Dave

mpusch, TLR67, JBall and 1 other person like this.
  10. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Yes great event.. Great to see everyone.. Just got home myself.. Mitch was hurting and cramping before his last race.. Glad I was able to go with him and help load all 5 of his bikes, displays, 27 stands, 3000 lb generator etc..LoL.. Man was it friggin Hot. I ended up driving him home and he was in some serious pain. Hope he gets well.

Big Thanks again for Dave Brooks fr bringing that RMZ down from Kentucky..sorry I didn’t get to say later Dave but I was kinda busy...

11. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Oh and BTW the trophy’s for that were the best I have ever seen... The base of them was a piece of the old track... simply kick ass...

12. DougBowie

DougBowie Well-Known Member

Sooo much fun, my hat off to Ron for doing such a great job ! Also, to WERA for giving him a chance to put on a great show!!!! Also, to Barber staff for all the help they provided. No issues with riders, I think all bikes ran well and finished the race , just a great time at a beautiful track.... O Yea.... Ron’s beer is Awesome.......

TLR67 likes this.
  13. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

I forgot to mention Ron's beer . . . the Irish Red is among the best I've had.

Cheers,

Dave

TLR67 likes this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm bummed I didn't get to see it...or drink the beer :D

15. yamageezer

yamageezer Well-Known Member

Yes, it was a grand day out. First time on the track in two years, so a little stiff, but the hejira is still in one piece. The event, the bikes, the staff, the trophies, the friends, it was all magnificent.

TLR67 likes this.
  16. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Great time for sure! Thanx Ron, Robin, WERA and The Barber Museum!

17. fat bloke

fat bloke Well-Known Member

Great weekend!!!

thanks to everybody who put this together I had a great time, the race was great fun on the little 550 I got to ride

18. hinshaw929

hinshaw929 Well-Known Member

What he said. :)

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Thank you all for being a part of it and especially Ron for putting it all together. From what the boss has said WERA Vintage impressed the Barber folks.

20. Oldracer27

Oldracer27 WERA #27 expert retired

65308316_10157345523500917_7733623142307856384_o.jpg DSC01839.JPG
    Have any photos of the Concours de Competition, both paddock & track sessions been posted by anyone?

britx303 and Banditracer like this.