1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good Recruiters...Anyone?

Discussion in 'General' started by TLR67, Mar 22, 2019.

1. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Must have have been a tough place to work at if you’re relieved to be let go.
    The job market is strong so you’ll find something quick I’m sure.
    Good luck

TLR67 likes this.
  2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I have an old friend who hunts executive talent in silicone valley. She helped me just recently with updating my stuff. I second the idea of getting someone to look at yours. Things change. As for cover letters she doesn't look at them. They are useful to explain something like a gap in employment but she dislikes them otherwise. She does look at LinkedIn as well as social media.

TLR67 and Funkm05 like this.
  3. LinkedIn works if you have a good network. If you have less than 100 LinkedIn contacts, up your game.

PM me for a contact. I have a big network worldwide, and it may help you build yours.

TLR67 likes this.
  4. Phl218

Phl218 .

Yeah, PM me too. Automotive...

TLR67 and I'm with Stupid like this.
  5. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

This is some bull shyt! We are truly within the racing season and this motorcycle forum is also an employment forum as well. Da fug :rolleyes:

6. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Ok I’m gonna start me a Go fund me then....:crackup:

7. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

Marc.....so sorry to hear of this, that sucks. With your experience though, hopefully you can find something that works for you pretty quickly. Hang in there...something will come along and you'll be up to speed before you know it. Good luck my friend.

TLR67 likes this.
  8. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Thanks Vern... means alot... tell Peggy I said Hi.. hope you guys are doing well!

xrated likes this.
  9. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

PM sent...

10. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

PM sent!

11. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

PM sent to you related to telecom/datacom/data centers and what you want to do.

Phl218 likes this.
  12. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

PM back Jed... Thanks man...

13. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Just a update.. I have my resume and LinkedIn done and have sent out about 100 resumes over the last 3 weeks.. I have been turned down by a few but have had 2 Phone Interviews and have another scheduled for tomorrow as well.. it’s my Birthday tomorrow so this would be the Ultimate gift.. Send me some good vibes and PM me your linked in Info too so I can build up more contacts! Mine in marc-perrone Thanks everyone..

418, lazlo, Jon Wilkens and 5 others like this.
  14. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

There seems to be an reacurring theme here.
    If you quit drinking you lose your job . :D
    :timeforabeer:

15. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

9 Months to the date last Sunday.... Feel great....

motoracer1100 and steve802cc like this.
  16. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Thanks for the heads-up!

[​IMG]

Phl218 and motoracer1100 like this.
  17. steve802cc

steve802cc Well-Known Member

Good Luck with the job hunt Marc!

Oh & Happy 52 Birthday tomorrow.
    Mines on May 21, we are getting old!

TLR67 likes this.
  18. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Thanks Steve... Headed to Talladega tomorrow then Barber for the weekend...

19. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Good luck buddy...
    Wishing you all the best for your interview !!!
    Happy b-day ;)

20. Six3SixGal

Six3SixGal Official WERA Cat Lady

Coming from someone who followed the "success" path in her career, but is still really unhappy, I strongly encourage you to read some self-evaluating books and maybe take some good tests (The Gallup one has changed my life) to figure out what you're really good at and what you like.

I am personally resigning from my executive position in Q3/Q4 unless they let me go full remote (i'm 2 days/week remote now). The world of careers is also changing. For sales, you have to go to clients etc, but for PM, you can easily find remote jobs. I'm really pro-remote work as it cuts down on that minion feeling. No commute, mostly set your own hours... you really don't feel like you're working as hard, but you're providing better than ever results.

That being said, the more niche job search sites is where I find gold. Monster, Indeed, etc are all flooded with companies desperate to fill positions. Figure out who you want to work for and what you want to do. Startups have really cool job postings on Angel List and Workable. Remote positions have Flexjobs, Weworkremotely, and a few others. This is your chance to grab life and run with it off into the sunset!

TLR67 and Phl218 like this.