Need Bodywork Painted In Columbus Area/ NW Ohio

Discussion in 'General' started by STT-Rider, Apr 28, 2004.

1. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Need source(s) for bodywork painting. Don't want the Mona Lisa, just something that looks decent and doesn't cost a fortune!

Sportbike Track Time is looking for a couple of painters in MI, OH who we can recommend our members go to.

Thank you!

Last edited: Apr 28, 2004
  2. saxman

saxman Well-Known Member

Paint works, they are in Akron, Ohio painted the whole bike for $400 I don't have the phone number with me at the moment

3. Parkerson

Parkerson Kabahm

SPRAY PAINT:D

that's what we do. It's easy to paint after a crash.

4. STT-Rider

Thank you.

5. Booger Van der Jackass

Booger Van der Jackass Well-Known Member

Hey Monte. Here is the info for the guy who painted Beave and Pat's GSXR's in the pearl blue/ orange/ yellow schemes. His name is Paul and he is local to Columbus.

614 Paint Works
    Paul

I told him I was going to let you know of his service, and he sounded like he was willing to be very flexible with pricing for STT.
    Hope it helps!

6. Rusnak_322

Rusnak_322 FOX Mullet

I would be willing to do some - maybe even in exchange for track time :D

I just painted my R6 this past Sunday -
    [​IMG]

here are more pics of it

My 2003 R6

and here are some of the other bikes that I have done.

Painted Bikes

If it is new or good condition bodywork and they don't mind the occasional drip or bug in the clear that comes with a garage paint job - I could do it for less then $400

Eddie

7. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Monte,

You need to check out the guy that painted both our bikes. Brian Pfiefer. He does awesome work. He's on Garfield, just south of 16 mile road.

He did an awesome paint job - much better than anyone would want for their race bike and the price was great.

He does all kinds of auto and motorcycle work. He's working on Lindsey Hunter's (Detroit Pistons) H2 right now. He's an ex-racer as well, so he knows our "price range".

Shoot me an email for more info. I don't have his business card handy right now.

8. STT-Rider

Been that route before!

Ace Hardware Black and flourecent Yellow! Called the bike Steffe after the tennis player because the further away you got from it, the better it looked!

9. binx51

binx51 Well-Known Member

monte,did you try jerry at puresportsdesigns?

10. STT-Rider

I thought he did only hemets and signs and such.. does he paint whole bikes?

11. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Brian Pfiefer

Tell him you talked to Eddie and Joe Kraft. The below links don't really do him justice. The bodywork felt like glass after it was all said and done.

Brian completely prepped and painted 13+ pieces for us, including a tank that was damaged and a HotBodies tail which didn't have nearly as good of a finish as the Sharkskinz stuff does.

He did shot everything in white, then in yellow, then added the black, with clear coating it afterwards. He even redid part of the black, after I screwed up telling him how I wanted it.

Prices will vary for what you want and such, but I don't think he likes to get beat by anyone on pricing. He told me $250 for racers.

http://www.witchkraftracing.com/uploads/_sv04_04.jpg
    http://www.witchkraftracing.com/uploads/_sv04_05.jpg

Last edited: Apr 28, 2004
  12. STT-Rider

Thank you

Thanks for all of your replies!

I'm always trying to keep the business "inside the sport" if at all possible.

13. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Pure Sports Design will paint bodywork, gas tanks, frames, pretty much anything he can cram into his spray both. (look at his truck picture on his web site. Also jet skis, go cart bodywork etc).