1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cabot Trail now closed to motorcycles

Discussion in 'General' started by cha0s#242, Apr 1, 2019.

Tags:
  1. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Negative...

3. neckbrace

neckbrace Well-Known Member

I feel their pain, never been a fan of obnoxiously loud motorcycles on the street. Not that I think banning motorcycles is a good answer, but maybe enforcing noise laws would have been a better option.

4. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

The last paragraph is a real gem;

"Still, summer will be different on the Cabot Trail without the thunder of motorcycles rolling through the hills. Some Nova Scotia motorcycle clubs have talked about “rolling protests,” riding motorcycles through the Trail at slow speed to show their unhappiness with the policy. However, those plans were abandoned when some members pointed out that wouldn’t be any different from their normal riding style."

5axis, cha0s#242 and joec like this.
  5. joec

joec brace yourself

I guess they don't have april 1 in Canada.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

RV stuck behind slow moving motorcycles? Yeah, um, April 1 would be my guess.

7. cha0s#242

The Death Star with a potent driver could probably smoke some accountants wearing Sons of Anarchy vests and Crocs on their Hardleys.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
  8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

But most RVs are driven by people who shouldn't be allowed a license to drive a golf cart much less a rolling housing project.

9. cha0s#242

Kinda like people on Harleys.

Phl218 and drop like this.
  10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

So where does one purchase a Passing Wind RV?

11. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

The roads up that way are fantastic. We camped up there driving a Mini Cooper, which in retrospect, was retarded, save for the awesome roads.

Some years ago, there was an effort to put on a North American TT up that way. Coming down route 2 on the Bay of Funday, it would have been a fitting place.

12. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Tumyache, BC, Canada

13. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

14. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

So this guy can slow down the RVs again and clog up the traffic, cool!

[​IMG]

15. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Not all of them to be fair, but there’s a lot of truth in it. I’ve had to pass Harleys (and trikes) descending on my road bike because they just park it in every corner, but I’ve seen some good riders on them too. Difference between them and shitty sportbike riders is the squids usually park their bikes at the bottom of the canyon instead of mid corner. :D

16. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

We call this Hog^2

17. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I see a Muffin on a 'Hog....

18. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Seen numberous squids parking it mid corner also. Even funnier when a bagger passes them mid corner. :D

SGVRider likes this.
  19. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

A decade or so back, they were very close to having an official TT motorcycle race on the Cabot trail. TT riders were there doing publicity and checking out the future course, it was approved by the IOM government as "official", materials were printed, etc. etc. It almost happened. Not an expert on Great White North politics, but it was good to go at the equivalent of the "state" level (provincial?), but was killed at the "federal" (national?) level.

20. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

My home! that's my island! yeah it was april fools, true about the TT was being looked at though. yeah its truly beautiful there, on eof the highest ranked travel destinations in the world.