1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

daytona gearing ? for SV

Discussion in 'General' started by blade625, Feb 15, 2006.

1. blade625

blade625 Member

I'm looking for a prelim gearing suggestion. For an 85HP SV650 running endurance at daytona.

Any help would MUCH appreciated [a team member is an engineer...and i can't look at his theorertical, mathmatical, calculations any longer...:wow: ]

Thanks!

2. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

try two. it worked on my SV. if you just use one gear the bike will just sit there and rev and rev, and wont go any where. and hell, i just dont know where you'd use or even mount a third one:confused:

as you can tell i am full of doodoo and have no useful information. im just bored and ready to go home.

3. blade625

blade625 Member

no problem james, iv'e had days like that too.

my thoughts are with your friend [and although i don't think he listens to me, my prayers are too.]

4. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

thanks bro.

yeah, i feel disconnected with the Man upstairs too, on occaision. hopefully i'll have good news to post up on Monday.

--now redirecting the thread jack back to gearing for Daytona--

..someone help the man out.

5. MudDawg

MudDawg Engine Killah

Drop 2 teeth in the back sprocket.

I checked with a Florida buddy to determine if gearing would be different with the newer configuration as opposed to the old layout. He said to use basically the same gearing as before.

You are gearing for the draft on the run from the chicane to turn 1.

Say hi if you see a 'large' Shamu-looking rider on a purple SV. Number should be 111.

6. blade625

blade625 Member

thanks Stan, you da man:up:

this is sean, the bald guy who generally pits with K Weir-do. @ summit

I can't make the daytona round, but I'll tell Neil Frank and the boys to look for you.

Thanks for the tip!

7. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

16 tooth front.It's the secret to Road A's back straight,so it's gotta be good for Daytona too.Less money too :up:

8. 713

713 Well-Known Member

16-43

9. SV Ray

SV Ray Grandpa Ray

This forum is such a great asset! 13 years after the initial post I searched for Daytona gearing for my SV for last month’s race. It was spot on - 16:43 put my rpm at 9500-9800 on the straights. Thank you guys again so much!

23103a likes this.