1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Better racing platform: ZX-6R vs GSX-R600

Discussion in 'General' started by Greenhound386, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Is the ZX6R as cramped as the ZX10?

2. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

Greenhound doesnt need to worry about cramped. more like can he reach the bars :D

3. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

I'm Toni Elias-sized, and we even have the same birthday. But, dude's considerably faster than me on a motorcycle and wears cooler sunglasses.

4. Greenhound386

Funny you mention that. I had chatter issues on my old Kawi that only went away with Pirellis. To be fair, though, I had sub-par suspension on the bike and didn't try that hard to get the other brands to work.

5. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

I don't know if I've ever heard an R6 described as a point and shoot motorcycle.

6. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Good luck finding Honda setups.

7. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

The chassis isn't the problem. The Pro Link rear needs some specific help, but it's really not anything worse than any other motorcycle. Thin walled fork tubes can work well, until they crash.

8. kman0066

kman0066 Well-Known Member

Chatter with the stock forks and Dunlops is still there last I tried them, which I believe is common with the SBPF design given my experience and other internet rumors I've read. Only ever rode the Dunlops when doing MotoAmerica (2 races) though (I usually ride Bridgestones) but it went away for me after the installation of some 30mm Ohlins carts and basic suspension tuning. I wasn't winning the races though, just a mid-pack guy. So not sure if it can come back at a faster pace.

In general, Kawi made the 636 more of a street focused bike than the previous generation, including the suspension. All that is remedied with the installation of the parts we all use to make a Superstock bike (Full exhaust, fork carts, good shock, ECU tune, thin head gasket).

9. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

I just never see anyone talking about them at all. Even on the honda forums those guys don't talk about setup. Its all street related crap, cause thats what the bike does well.

10. mgiossi

mgiossi Well-Known Member

11. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

We can fix one of those

12. Currie did pretty well on a zx in BSB

13. ScottieDucati

ScottieDucati Hopeless Never-was.

The Kawi. They seem to be absolute tanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Glad I wasn't the only one who thought that sounded funny....

15. josh7owens

josh7owens E-Kart Champ

I have a already prepped GSXR I’ll sell you...

terminus est likes this.
  16. bruceiam

bruceiam Well-Known Member

Kawasaki has good contingency

17. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

Pound for pound...the monkey twisting the grip will make a bigger difference between the two...now if you are at the pointy end of the spear and consistently in the hunt for podium, the minor differences between the two bikes might come into light...I'd go with whatever I feel most comfortable on and enjoy racing.

18. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Do they have 2019 out yet?

19. Greenhound386

Most likely picking up a '19 ZX-6R this Saturday. Finalizing some details tomorrow.

Tempted to get a leftover '18. I see them for under $9K OTD.

BigBird likes this.
  20. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

You got the hookup or are they in dealerships already?