1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More LSR

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by mtiberio, Oct 24, 2018.

1. mtiberio

mtiberio Well-Known Member

So I quit my job in Virginia, took a job in Palmdale California, and bought a log cabin on the north slope of the San Gabriels. I can see El Mirage from my property, and I had 3 weeks between when I bought the place to the next El Mirage event. I really couldn't dig into the effort as the sheds were filled with stuff from the previous owners late husband. To make a long story short, I started on Tuesday, and had a race bike within a couple of days. I took a Guzzi Eldorado with a drivetrain out of an 77 Automatic and went 109, and 111 on the dry lake.

And yes Roper, because I know you will be paying attention. The Automatic is a one speed. No shifts.

EldoVertRacer.jpg

Jeff McKinney and yamageezer like this.
  2. ravedoper

ravedoper Well-Known Member

So, I take it that you haven’t had your ankle replaced yet.
    It certainly is a unlikely looking LSR bike. I wonder what it will look like after a few years development.

3. mtiberio

mtiberio Well-Known Member

Yea, I decided I just couldn't get my ankle replaced, and then move cross country, start a new job, buy a ranch and fix it up. I believe I was right. It has been tough with the dodgy ankle, but it would have been impossible on crutches.
    Development will be slow, no desire to get in to cubic dollars. Maybe a hotter cam and some larger carbs this winter. Not going for the record (which I hold from last year with my old race bike at 142). I went 111 last weekend, if I go 112 next weekend I'll be fine with that.

M