1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Things you would buy if you won the lottery

Discussion in 'General' started by Critter, Jan 8, 2018.

1. joec

joec brace yourself

After following Broome around for a year and getting bored with it I think I'd buy up some real estate in the city.

Id like to see a place where the arts, crafts, and science and engineering could all collaborate to do things. I'd like a place for painters, sculpters, printmakers etc to work with metal fabricators, machinists, woodworkers, composites people, to be involved with electrical engineers, structural, mechanical etc. Lots of shops in one large building with a way for people to all interact with each other and do things. I'd provide grants for people to set up shops and take on projects. Thered be a little bit of everything.

I'd also like to help the people who got wrecked in Florida.

With what's left I'd invest and start looking for a place for myself. Id have to be close enough to the beach. But still be able to get in some snowboarding. Id make Rossi's ranch and ttbc look silly. Maybe Maine? Northern California? Dunno.

Then I'd work on figuring out ways to be a benefactor for random things Im into.

Never understood the 5m super car thing. Too much for the street. You're certainly not going to wad it up in t1 someplace. I'd go a little more the bocarp direction.

pscook likes this.
  2. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

This
    [QUOTE="joec, post: 5413074, member:
    Id like to see a place where the arts, crafts, and science and engineering could all collaborate to do things. I'd like a place for painters, sculpters, printmakers etc to work with metal fabricators, machinists, woodworkers, composites people, to be involved with electrical engineers, structural, mechanical etc. Lots of shops in one large building with a way for people to all interact with each other and do things. I'd provide grants for people to set up shops and take on projects. Thered be a little bit of everything.[/QUOTE]

Both of these sound good. Put it between Charlotte and Greenville to make the real estate more affordable and tap into both markets.

3. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

I would buy the first 3 pages of bikes for sale on here, well all of them except the $3500 fixer upper lol

badmoon692008 and ToofPic like this.
  4. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

I would ride all the famous (and not so famous) tracks all around the world ,for starters.

Phl218 and pfhenry like this.
  5. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

24/7 Blackwater private security would be my first purchase lol , hook up every extended family member for life, leno style international airport hanger full of goodies would follow

6. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

badmoon692008, Phl218 and jrsamples like this.
  7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Interesting layout for Greenwood Roadway but it doesn't look like you'd have enough money to fix it and make it safe for motorcycles. Also looks like there's some development going on very near it in once section and as soon as that first house goes up, you've got people who would try and shut you down.

8. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Eh that area of town is pretty sparsely populated. Indianola has not seen as much growth as the other Des Moines suburbs.

It’s just a wee bit too close to 65, though.

Not sure about the Engineering plant, though. That’d probably be a struggle.

9. MV Agusta F4 Claudio, Tamborini T12 for starters, along with a few dozen others. GMC Denali 3500, Grand Design 5th wheel, travel the country visiting a riding as many tracks as I can, go overseas and ride as many tracks as possible. Buy a villa in Tuscany and enjoy life
    Then donate to charities to help the under privileged, homeless and youth mentoring.

10. joec

joec brace yourself

Both of these sound good. Put it between Charlotte and Greenville to make the real estate more affordable and tap into both markets.[/QUOTE]

Affordability goes out the window with 750m. It goes where I like start point . :)

RossK6 likes this.
  11. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

I’d buy a US Senator, two judges (one district, one appeals or whatever), and three brand-new Taco Bell establishments.

12. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

This guy might be the smartest (wisest) of us all!

13. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I like Taco Bell.

14. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

A truck full of Snickers.

15. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Wait.....I'd invent a way to fly. Like, on my own, no machinery involved. And some Snickers.

16. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

They moved the weed thread over to the dungeon ...

17. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

^ This but FOLLOWING each MotoGP round.....Yea being a MGP groupie for one season I'm thinking would be fun as hell!

As far as investing, I'll tell ya what I wouldn't do, is hire someone to manage my money into a disappearing act. I'd probably buy a shit load of that Berkshire Hathoway Class A stock, I hear the old coot who runs that ship might know a thing or two.

18. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I'd try for the Triple Crown, MotoGP, F1 and WSBK.

XFBO likes this.
  19. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Not all in one season though! You might die of too much excitement in one yr! :D

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hmmm, 42 Cambodian kickboxing midgets versus a lion?