AHRMA Vintage Fest Barber 2018

Discussion in 'General' started by TLR67, Sep 27, 2018.

1. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

So who is in? What races? I know Stick will be there.. I will be on Level 3 Weds to Sun racing Next Gen 2..Hope to see some of you there...

Phl218 likes this.
  2. After talking with you about it I went to the AHRMA site and races are full, no pre or post registrations available. I hate it to, next year I will give it a go!
    Taking a week off for GNF so won't be able to make Vintage fest. This damn work thing keeps getting in the way! lol
    Have fun and keep the rubber side down!

Kyle Brosius and TLR67 like this.
  3. HAZE

HAZE Group Therapy

Pretty sure you have to race 2 races with AHRMA to qualify for the Vintage Fest
    I'll be there with my son. He will be racing in sound of thunder 2 and 3

TLR67 likes this.
  4. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

This is true....

5. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

It's 2 now? Is that new as of this year? Last year it was 1 race. Does this mean 2 rounds or 2 races?

6. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Its actually 2 races... Can be the same Venue and Practice counts too... All info on the AHRMA Site... I ran Roebling and Talladega just to make sure..

Mack Ashabranner likes this.
  7. HAZE

HAZE Group Therapy

My son ran at Hallett and Road America
    When we were loading up and leaving Road America he said "Dad we are coming back to this track"

motoracer1100 likes this.
  8. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

It's two race dates, Saturday and Sunday count as different dates so one weekend is sufficient. The cutoff is within the past 13 months, so if you ran Barber last year it qualifies for this year. That being said there was only one day last year so I don't know how that works.

TLR67 likes this.
  9. grasshopper

AHRMA is the most convoluted race organization in the history of mankind. And every year it get's worse because there are more motorcycles considered "Vintage". The classes get more confusing every year. A word to the AHRMA newbie.... Look at the rule book really closely before you decide you want to go racing. Pick the dominant bike in the class if you want to be competitive. There are way more "underdog" motorcycles that fall into classes that don't have a fighting chance in hell even with the best rider aboard to be competitive.

10. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

To each its own... I have Zero complaints about AHRMA.. I am not racing to make any money though... That might be a bit different...

Cam Morehead likes this.
  11. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Couldn’t disagree more.

There are some classes yes, but like anything, and any series, there are dominant bikes.

cha0s#242, TLR67 and Cam Morehead like this.
  12. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

I want to go just to see the hand shift Indian race!!

13. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

I'll be there pit-bitchin.....when Im not drinkin beer or at the swap meet.

Robin172....you in?.....Ill be milling around bill howards pit some....stan keyes some....etc.

I'll be camped at "Norton Hill", right on the track......there is usually some pretty decent food every nite, donations accepted....racers welcome.

Dont say you know me.....you will be asked to leave :).....naaaa.....decent folks, cold beer, and a great view of the races all-day-long!

Nothing beats a hangover like waking up to the sound of bikes on track just several yards away.....except maybe being on-track......I've done it that way too;)

TLR67 likes this.
  14. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I think you might be missing the point of vintage racing.

TLR67, Robby-Bobby and Cam Morehead like this.
  15. Robin172

Charlie, I'll be there, supposed to be parked opposite to Bill. I have back to back races, I might need some help on pit road both days.

16. grasshopper

I get it... it's the spectacle of the cool old machines running around the race track. There are some really sweet gems that come out of the wood work especially on the Barber weekend. I plan to be at Road America and Barber next year on a KZ650 and maybe another bike.

So just from my personal experience this is why I made the comment above.

- The RD350 I own is out classed in Formula 500
    - The CB550 I own is out classed in Vintage Middleweight Superbike against KZ650s
    - The 85 Hp SV650 I own is out classed in F2 against 848 Ducatis and Triumph 675s

This is why I picked up the KZ650 so I don't get my doors blown off on the straights in a class by riders with half my riding ability.

17. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

AHRMA is for fun, Yes some fast guys show up but for the most part it's people looking to have some fun racing their old bikes in a more fun environment.

I backed out of this year's Vintage Festival because SOT2 was full with over 80 bikes. The practices are jammed full and considering I've been to Barber twice this year, I didn't feel like spending thousands dodging lawnmowers trying to get a fast lap. It would be a little too frustrating coming off the MA Barber weekend where there was nothing holding me back from going as fast as I wanted.

The other factor was that I didn't want to have to leave FL on Tuesday to make my 2pm Wednesday move in slot (Which certainly would have been lost if I was a day late). So a 6 day trip to race two or three races under the above conditions....I just decided to stay home for this one.

I will miss hanging with everyone though, AHRMA is a pretty great crowd.

TLR67 likes this.
  18. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Back to Back's.....like the bad-ass you are Scudder!!:beer:

I should be around. We will talk before saturday.......you plannin to gas and water up on hot pit or what?....they usually have rollers down there....

I'm pretty sure Middleton will be there with his RD400.

19. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I can help if needed too.. I am just in race 13 sat and sun....

20. Robin172

Yep fuel and water, rollers schmollers, I do it the proper way...