1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Navy Seal Vs Swat Team

Discussion in 'General' started by sptbk57, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Jump pay, dive pay, SDA, with whatever speciality skill sets they have that pay. You mentioned hazard duty pay which is only when they're deployed, but that counts, as does the tax free incentive.

I'm not saying they don't deserve it...not in the least. But they are some (if not the) highest paid enlisted in the US military. Not to mention the reenlistment bonuses they get which are commonly maxed out to the highest amount allowed.

Combine that with the high op tempo the guys go through, they don't have a whole lot of time to spend that money since they are always deployed (though some try to LoL)

rd400racer likes this.
  2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I aim high.

Oh wait, someone took that slogan already.

Steeltoe likes this.
  3. FTFY, and yeah they have :)

4. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Anecdote: I have a currently flying buddy (461st flight test squadron) who makes $82,600 after 10 years of F-16 and F-35 experience.

Anecdote II: I have another friend who retired when they significantly reduced F15 squadrons (its all he ever flew since training) after a full 20 years and he was making around $70,000 when he hung it up.

Pilots have nothing to do with this discussion but that is why they are labeled as anecdotes. :)

5. auminer

Damn.

My wife makes in that range managing a call center for a small-medium credit union.

She's good at her job, don't get me wrong... but she ain't no jet jockey

Shameful if that's truly all those guys make. They must only stay for love of the job.

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I'd fly one of those for free :D

Steeltoe likes this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There are a number of people on here in special forces in different branches. Oddly enough they never post about it :crackup:

8. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

It seems like the newer generation of special forces wish to boast about their involvement. With books and such. Is it a generational mentality?

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I still go with the assumption if they're bragging about it they aren't actually doing it...

The racers can be easy to verify based on deployments and stations on top of getting to know them more than some guy bragging in a bar.

kjohnson likes this.
  10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I like when people chime in about their uncle/cousin/buddy who was a SpecialForcesScoutReconSniper. Always a sniper. :D If even half of them were true we wouldn't have any room for regular Army!

JBraun likes this.
  11. auminer

I've known a few men who actually have scars and, presumably, took lives in order to end up still alive with those scars. To a man, none will discuss what they saw & did.

12. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

Right there.Empty cans and monkeys with the smallest balls..... ;)

13. There was this one time when I was doing a HALO into Mogadishu, armed with nothing but a knife...

kjohnson likes this.