RIP Dreb

Discussion in 'General' started by Dragginass, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Oh shit! :(

I met him at VIR a long time ago. I miss those old AMA races with his voice.

2. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Absolutely terrible news.

You will be missed Drebber.

3. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I'm sorry about y'alls friend. RIP.:(

4. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Damn this sucks.... He was a great ambassador for our sport and always a pleasure to listen to and read from......

ToofPic, ToddClark and 418 like this.
  5. Chip

Chip Registered

Rest in Peace Dreb. Today is a dark day for American motorcycle racing.

6. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Great announcer. Sucks to hear. RIP.

7. Lazy Destroyer

Lazy Destroyer Well-Known Member

Damn, RIP.
    I was just watching the Roadrace 2004 dvd while at barber last weekend and recall seeing his segment there, and how he has been a part of our sport for such a long time.

ToofPic likes this.
  8. joec

joec brace yourself

Wow. What a drag. Was always fun to see him post here.. his avatar of the goldwing. And if I remember, he was a crazy cat man.

Started watching races when he was announcing. Seemed like a real genuine personally.

Sucky.

9. joec

joec brace yourself

I'm sure I'm not the only one, but I always imagined his voice reading his posts here. Lol

10. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Terrible news. Met him a couple of times and he was a great guy. RIP

11. GSmann

GSmann Well-Known Member

Don't ban me but...

ToofPic, SpeedyTide, TLR67 and 5 others like this.
  12. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Sad to hear. Super nice guy, great TV announcer, fun to be around.

I last saw him as a fellow member of the Cherokee Bee Club. He and a granddaughter were really good at beekeeping.

Yzasserina likes this.
  13. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

very sad. I remember him camping out in his RV with the family at the Big Kahuna and joining us in the after hours hooliganism a time or two, great taste in classic motos and autos too. the races will never be the same without him.

Godspeed

Thistle and TLR67 like this.
  14. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

I was lucky enough to shoot the shit with him at Rd ATL and VIR, this year. He always had the best stories and had a way of making you feel like you were an old friend (even if you had just met him). I won't lie; I was starstruck having a conversation with 'the voice of racing'.

Ride on, Dreb!

Canadian Bacon likes this.
  15. Best damn color guy out there, sure I have a lot of previous posts regarding how much respect I have for that cat.
    Thank you for all you given us Dreb, you were a truly unique guy, heart of gold and just all around nice guy. I’ll miss our chats about everything non 2 wheel related. You are one of a kind and will be missed.

YamahaRick likes this.
  16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Godspeed big guy. I've got a vid clip of him announcing Toni Elias as the 2017 champ @ NJMP on my IG, that's how i'll remember him for sure.

17. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

I did't realize he was the voice I grew up with at pre teen age... great share gsmann .. Ralph too much sheene clearly tried to follow that enthusiasm...

18. lightning97

lightning97 Well-Known Member

RIP Brian. He was very enjoyable to listen to and super enthusiastic about motorcycles and racing. I feel very lucky to have known him here at the track. We will all miss him! Deepest sympathies to his family.

19. GM GIXXER

GM GIXXER Well-Known Member

RIP, Dreb. Sad day

20. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

RIP Dreb... Great guy. I met him once at Road Atlanta while he was showing off an RC30.