1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jon/ Fishing boats... Teach me.

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Jun 18, 2018.

1. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Soft plastic jerk bait and a Texas Rig. You can use both all year and in every condition with minor(quick) changes.

2. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Nope. Here’s the one that led to Moose exactly as is ...
    304AA45E-6328-45C1-930F-93B3F9772FB6.jpeg

3. Ironically I don’t eat fish.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Weirdo.

I know, stating the obvious again :D

5. For me depends where I’m fishing, this time of year unless I’m running it off a ledge it would end up full of weeds. Carolina rig with a bead, weight, bead weight and bead works good for learning too. Depending on water 2 1/8 oz weights (can even grind em down if you want lighter) and start with about a 12-18” leader. The weights will help you a bit with your “feel”, similar with a drop shot. A lot of pro’s use a drop shot as much to drag and scope the finer details on the bottom as they do trying to catch fish on that rig. Lately I’ve been liking strike king caffeine shad with a 4/0 screw in type swimbait offset hook with center weight from 1/16 all the way to 1/4 depending on where I’m throwing it. There are just so many options.
    I’ve always found artuckes like this interesting as it shows you there are so many ways to catch fish.
    https://www.flwfishing.com/news/2018-08-14-top-10-patterns-from-lake-ouachita

6. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

1662F2AC-7F37-4344-A3D0-E23FC0FB9D38.jpeg Made me LOL

Dan Dubeau and Funkm05 like this.
  7. 11pm meeting cancelled at the last minute and a break until 4am. Going to grab the laptop, head out on the boat. Fish a bit. Do a bit of work. Fish, probably catch a nap, maybe sneak in a #3 :) and be home by 345. Hoping for some buzz bait night strikes.

8. Dt10’s in shad color seem to b working here. I threw the one thing I hate today out of desperation. A spinner bait. White one at that. Of f ing course I caught 3. I’m not giving a spinner bait credit.

9. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Why hate spinners?

Never really used one, my buddy (who knows less about fishing than me, and that’s saying something) killed the bass on one a couple weeks ago in ‘up north’ Wisconsin.

I’m headed there myself in a week, taking a bunch with JIC.

10. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I was up in Mercer a few weeks back. They LOVED the darker colored spinners. Black/blue skirt KILLED for me.

11. I don’t like spinner or crank baits. I hate any combo of spinner and 1, 2 or 3 of almost every color and size (that work where I fish) for all times of the year. I just think they are boring just cranking even with a bit of variation. You can cover a lot of water with them but I’d rather use a jerkait.

12. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Well, Im going to stick with the worm. I think I had a couple good bites but didn't set the hard enough. One I had, the line is going back and fourth and it was at least bigger then any other fish I had ( that's not saying much) and I lost it. O well, still gave me hope I might be able to get one. We stayed for the weigh in that night of the tournament they were doing and my boy got to hold a 5.76 large mouth. He now understands what we are trying to catch. He keep saying on the way home that he needs to learn a lot so he can catch one of those. :D

I told we both do buddy, we both do!:crackup::crackup:

Attached Files:

BHP41 and Funkm05 like this.
  13. Skrawny

Skrawny Well-Known Member

JACKPLATE.JPG

I added a jack plate to mine, gonna test it out tonight.

BHP41 likes this.
  14. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Does that plate have the power trim?

15. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Judging by the side bolts, I’m guessing it’s a manual plate. Still a good thing, just not as convenient when needing to adjust on the fly.

16. Skrawny

Skrawny Well-Known Member

I made it a simple one with scraps from work I have more money in the stainless hardware..

Once I get it set up it's staying there.

17. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

From the looks of it, only if you have a power ratchet. :)

18. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

ROFL!! thats me, i have a $2000 Lowrance on my $600 jon boat. Gotta find the fish in order to catch them.

19. I got invited to a local tournament in the morning with the pro fisherman. I can’t make it FML. Told my wife, see how spending all that time on the water was worth it? I’m so good that pro fisherman are asking me to come fish on their boats :). I have a very nice garmin on its way of my own. Not free but HEAVILY discounted

20. Looks good and will do the job. I’m seriously considering a 2018 Ranger that will becoming available once Fishing tourney season closes. A lot of money but it’s a lot of boat. But it’s a lot of money. But it’s only money. But it’s still money. But it’s a damn nice boat. But I don’t need that nice of a boat. But it would be great to have. But it’s a lot of money for just me when I could buy a fishing boat and a family boat for less. But it’s an 18 ranger fully loaded and I’ve always wanted one. But I don’t really need that nice of a boat. But I want it.

See my first world struggles?

assjuice cyrus and Funkm05 like this.