Anyone had luck finding parts 04 gix 6

Discussion in 'General' started by slowohioboy, Apr 6, 2004.

1. slowohioboy

slowohioboy Well-Known Member

Has anyone had any luck finding the following parts yet?

Fairing stay: Called graves, vortex, and GP tech.

Sliders: I thought they'd be the same but haven't found.

windscreens : couldn't find yet.

I'm triing to find the parts early so I can ride before haveing to race the new bike at Beaver.

2. motorcycleman

motorcycleman Well-Known Member

what up Bill about your parts search

Call Roger Bell at his shop and see if he can help you, because he supplies alot of the racers with parts and he has all the contacts. 859-299-3521 and that is the shop's # and they should be able to give you some answers.........just ask for Roger

3. lthrtester

lthrtester Well-Known Member

Frame sliders are the same as 96-00 600's 96-99 750's, don't think the other parts are available yet.

4. ranman

ranman Well-Known Member

Latest news I have is that screens are in R&D right now ... so about 1-2 more weeks (so I am told)

Can let you know on the other stuff Wednesday, if no on else has that info.

5. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Go check out this thread I started a while back when I was prepping my '04. She has been ready a week now & I raced it this past weekend with mixed results, mostly due to the suspension not dialed in properly. The bike will haul ass in the motor dept.;)

'04 600 prep thread

Good luck & get ready to stay on the phone with the suppliers.:)

BTW let me know if you have any prep questions I most likely can help ya! the bike is real easy to prep. just don't ask me how to make the Penske suspension work..... :confused:

Last edited: Apr 7, 2004
  6. jeffrop

jeffrop Well-Known Member

Dude...just tape over the lights, wire it, and put some race rubber on and let's go already! :rolleyes: :D

You guys and your new friggin bikes :rolleyes: :Poke:

7. Jesse Nunn

Jesse Nunn Well-Known Member

Give us a call 1888Fastlap. I have the Graves F-Stay and sliders are on the way (same as the 1000). Call me and I can ship it out to you. The windscreen is still in production from Zero Gravity, available in roughly 2 weeks.

Thanks
    Jesse

8. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Intuitive sliders for the '04 600 are not the same as the old bike. I bought my sliders through Marietta & I had to shave some off the left one since the new frame is angled on the top side of the slider. The bolts are a little short also 2mm nothing major. No big deal I needed them on there one way or the other. I have the ones I bought on my bike but as soon as the correct ones become available I will order a new set. Intuitive told me a a couple of weeks ago via a email they needed a bike to make the new ones, they might have done it by now. They told me they did not know for sure if the late 1000 model would fit. The ones I got from Marietta were for a '02 1000, different animal all together.

Just use the stock windscreen it works fine mine mounted up perfectly to my Sharkskinz bodywork.

9. Bill, thought you were broke? Duct tape and a cobbled belly pan, then you can afford to eat. Or just skip the eating and get a bunch of really cool go-fast items.

10. Jesse Nunn

Jesse Nunn Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 7, 2004
  11. ranman

ranman Well-Known Member

Vortex Availability ...

Fairing stays -
    1000 (FB-527) Ready now
    600/750 (FB-530) will be ready within 2 weeks.

Rearsets(Fully Adjustable) - RS-503S Fits the 00-04 GSXR 750 & 01-04 GSXR 750 / 1000

Sliders - Same as last years model the FS-526
    Sprockets - Same as last years models

Fuel Cap - CP502

Case Covers -
    CS503 for the left side of the 04 GSXR 600 / 750 & the 03-04 GSXR 1000.
    CS502-S fits the right side, which is the same as last year's models.

Most of the parts should be listed online and we should have the rest of them online this week.

Let us know if we can help with anything :up:

12. slowohioboy

slowohioboy Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. Hopefully I can get everything pretty quick.

13. racen123

racen123 Well-Known Member

Got everything hooked up at Cycle Gear!