1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CBD Oil

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, May 15, 2018.

1. studio819

studio819 Well-Known Member

I have 2 rounds of chemo left (out of 12) but have decided to not do the CBD. The guy in the chair next to me did it and said he really didn't notice much of anything. After a few rounds and taking notes we came to the conclusion that we were not in bad enough shape from chemo or cancer side effects to make the CBD noticeable. He and I both have neuropathy in our hands and feet but are seeing no change in the effects.

2. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

I take the fifth.

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

hopefully it never comes back!

CBD does take a few weeks to kick in. Closer to a month before I saw any effects. I've stopped taking my daily alleve and haven't missed it much since.

panthercity likes this.
  4. studio819

The other guy did it for a few infusions...infusions are every other Monday for 3 hours and then a take home one to wear for another 2 days.

Noticed no difference after over a month

5. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Perhaps off-topic, but I've had very good results for peripheral neuropathy with Alpha Lipoic Acid supplements. 300mg twice a day has allowed me to feel my feet again and stopped the random feeling of shards of glass being shoved into my soles / electric shocks applied to my feet. Took about 2 weeks to notice, and a month to be useful.

panthercity likes this.
  6. Like you said, offtopic,,,but I am glad you described that sensation, because I have had hard time explaining it in the past. But the difference is that I get it in my hands, but it is related to my feet.

If I walk on, or even slide my feet across, a hard surface barefooted (hardwood floors, tile, etc)...I get sharp pains in my hands, like an electric shock, or stabbing sensation.

It didn't start till after I had been a Rougheck and Derrickhand for a couple of years, but it has done it ever since.

What causes that?

7. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Mental issues. :Poke:

I’m of no actual use on any of this beyond entertaining myself. But that’s fooked. That’s some major wires crossed somewhere.

Gorilla George likes this.
  8. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I'm going to go out on a limb and say being a Roughneck and Derrickhand for a couple of years is what caused that. You're welcome. :)

Edit: the body is a pretty complex piece of equipment. Could be some pinched nerves or something somewhere, who knows (maybe a doctor.....?). I had some in my shoulder a few years back and PT and massage got things back to where everything was normal again. It started again a few weeks ago, so I'm going to head back in, in hope for the same outcome again.

Gorilla George likes this.
  9. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Good info. Thanks, Beac!

10. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Nerve degeneration. Diabetics have this to look forward to for the rest of their life.

11. I feel for them.

Im not diabetic, I just have hypoglycemia.

The "hand thing" is aggravating, but it is manageable. I just have carpet in the bedroom, then i put shoes on before walking on a hard surface.

I get the same sensation if i slide my hand across a hard surface. At work, where we are required to use handrails, i have to grab one spot, then let go, then grab the next spot. If i slide my hand down the rail it feels like someone is jabbing 100 needles in my fingers.

But again, all of that is manageable. I feel bad for people that cant manage it no matter what, and just have to deal with it.

12. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

I was hypoglycemic for a decade before I was diagnosed as diabetic. Thank you Monsanto!

13. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

In Germany, Alpha Lipoic is approved for diabetic neuropathy as an injectable.
    It does affect your blood sugar levels some, so be vigilant in checking blood sugar if you start, until you know how it will affect you.

panthercity likes this.
  14. Good point. ALA has been added to alot of workout supplements for years due to its effect on insulin (it creates and insulin spike...which helps improve the effectiveness of the supplement). It is one of the primary ingredients in MuscleTech's "Cell-Tech" (one of the best selling Creatine supplements of all time).

15. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

What does Monsanto have to do with it? I know there are all kinds of conspiracy theories surrounding them, just curious....

16. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Think Agent Orange. And 50 years ago.

Gino230 likes this.
  17. BigBird

BigBird blah

Also fruit has been genetically changed to bear in all seasons and be sweeter and more colorful.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

18. studio819

Good info on the ALA, I will have to talk to my oncologist about it. Being able to go running again would be great.

Oncologist says 3-6 months I could.have all feeling back, but that is a long time for a "could"

19. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

Phl218 likes this.
  20. BigBird

BigBird blah