1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump is a Winning Machine

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by blkduc, Dec 14, 2016.

1. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

No one, at least not me, is not asking you to be everything Trump.
    But you might admit that, hes' been kicking ass and taking names!

Things are going relatively well. Even I quit bashing the libs about it.
    But wow, the left/mainstream and leftists take the slightest thing and make a Mt Everest out of a 3mm anthill.

I'm really happy, that even the people- who do not use logic, pure and simple, are still benefitting by his policies, etc.

18- Keep/extend the majorities
    20- He's Going to win BIG!

;-)

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

K51000 likes this.
  3. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Well-Known Member

The organization referenced (IMD) that ranked the USA as number 1 in 2018, ranked the USA as number 1 in 2014 and 2015 per their USA country profile. Who gets credit for that? Logically, I would think the same person(s) that gets the blame for the dip to 3 in 2016 and 4 in 2017?

Page 3 in link. https://www.imd.org/globalassets/wcc/docs/wco/pdfs/countries-landing-page/us.pdf

And if you believe Wiki, here are some more historical rankings by IMD for the USA: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Competitiveness_Yearbook

2013 1
    2012 2
    1997 1

I didn't bother to search for the 14 missing years on Wiki.

I guess like most statistics it all comes down to what point you are trying to prove. Look at one year, or many years, or select years depending on what story you want to paint. Or maybe different studies. Another I looked at conflicts with IMD rankings, so which one is correct? Well, the one that helps you with your confirmation bias of course.

Carry on with the bashing and dick sucking.

4. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Nice job of negating your entire post by finishing like a petulant child. You went from good point to blah, blah, blah. Good work.

badmoon692008 and R Acree like this.
  5. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Well-Known Member

Thank you, it seems as if I am qualified to be president then.

6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You've got my vote.

:crackup:

7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I would say that petulant better describes all those politicians who are bitching and whining because their regular games have been disrupted.

The more they cry the more you know he's hitting them in the pocketbook.

Orvis likes this.
  8. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Funny you should mention that.

There's a thread in general about (among other things) how expensive bikes are now.

Those tariffs aren't going to change that anytime soon.

9. lrrs517

lrrs517 Internet Investigative Officer

What are the odds that Rocketboy gets a Nobel Peace Trophy?

sheepofblue likes this.
  10. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Eagerly awaiting the return of the 700cc superbikes.

TurboBlew likes this.
  11. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

The nighthawk 700s in blue is one of my all time favorite bikes I’ve ever owned. Would love to find a nice clean one and snap it up.

trussdude likes this.
  12. G 97

G 97 Garth

Hey numb nuts. I only posted a link to an article. I made no direct comment one way or the other about it. You should direct your questions and triggered response to the articles creator.
    Carry on with being a douche bag. :crackup:

13. G 97

G 97 Garth

14. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

See, that won't happen this time.

In the 80s, the tariffs were to protect HD (and it's effectiveness can be questioned), hence the infamous 700cc bikes.

Golden boy's tariffs are strictly punitive, and mostly to the American consumer's choices.

15. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Bikes are cheap. For 20K you can get something that is flat out amazing. Go back to 2010 when you could get something for almost half that. Oh wait your wage was also half that and the bike was no where near as capable or reliable. Oh and far more variety is available.

16. ductune

ductune Well-Known Member

Are you saying wages have doubled since 2010?

17. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Mine have. More than, actually. :D

sheepofblue likes this.
  18. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

That was a great bike. I bought a used blue one for the wife, when she was done with it it became a great training bike for the son. Almost maintenance free, no chain, no valve adjustments. If it wasn't for the 16" wheels it would still be a great all around bike. Sold mine years ago for $1600, just what I paid for it 10 years before.

fastedyamaha likes this.
  19. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

My bad I was thinking further back and inflation. However the point is still the same. Compare my 2004 CBR1000RR to a 2018 GSXR1000. The performance, technology and just shear bad assness has increased a ton.

For instance put in prices and a 2018 CBR1000RR is basically the same price as my 2004 when adjusted for inflation:
    http://www.usinflationcalculator.com/

And again they are not equal in other respects.

20. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

2017 quintupled 2016, and 2016 tripled 2015. Yeah, there was some excitement from his being elected.