1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica changes for 2018

Discussion in 'General' started by rcarson15, Sep 9, 2017.

1. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

spectators had plenty of breaks last year. IMO, one intent of the class is to reduce empty track time.

renegade17 likes this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So for those who want to run a MotoAmerica class too - For Stock 1000 the deadline will also be extended to Wednesday April 11th for all competitors. MotoAmerica will allow riders to contest both WERA 1000 Superbike and Stock 1000, however, the riders may only practice in the MotoAmerica sessions. Riders participating in both races will be gridded for the WERA race based on their qualifying times in the MotoAmerica sessions. As the riders contesting both classes will receive no additional practice time the race entry for these riders will be discounted to $100. The AMA will also allow a one event license for riders contesting both classes, this license will be available only to licensed WERA competitors contesting both classes. Please contact [email protected]for registration instructions.

This is only for 1000s legal for their class too. You don't get to run any sessions of ours other than the race on Sunday and have to be entered in both classes.

cajun636 likes this.
  3. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

tire allocations came out too.

Twins gets 8 tires per weekend. thats a new set per session. for bikes that are generally nicer on tires than 600s, im not sure they have enough :crackup:

Jr Cup gets 6, which is a lot better than the 4 they had. Its probably still going to be tight, but they might get to run new tires for both races now.

SS was reduced from 14 to 12. But given that STK600 did fine with 9, 12 should be easy. I know im probably going to be using 7-9 still.

4. Jongo

Jongo Well-Known Member

:stupid: The force is strong with that frame.

5. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

That RBoM bike has done some pretty respectable times at VIR, Rd Atl, and Barber with some scrub on it..

exracer941 and metricdevilmoto like this.
  6. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

7. Champer

Champer Well-Known Member

Looking forward to the opening weekend!

8. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I should have copyrighted this and sold the stickers...

9. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

And to think I was there when Kinda Superbikey was started.

10. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I'm assuming no twins or 300 TV coverage? All I saw to record on BEIN was 600s and Superbike

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You may see some highlight stuff but no full coverage.

12. grasshopper

Looks like it might get wet. How's the pavement at Road Atlanta in the wet?

13. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Is there somewhere on line to see the entry lists? I see 7 guys in the twins class, but not sure what all of them are riding. Only 5 have set a time at this point, so that doesn't bode well.

14. grasshopper

I was looking for the same thing the other day. No dice

15. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

I'm watching, too. I know Parrish and Ducote are on Suzuki's but other than that I don't know. 7 entries is mega disappointing.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's good. Only potential issue is the T4 river.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Agreed but not sure why anyone expected more. LWT is dying off with the advent of the 300 level machines. I'm hoping it'll pick up as the kids get bigger and want a step between those and the 600's but dunno.

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  18. grasshopper

Healthy field for JRC. 26 entries

19. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

20. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

When people glorified it as the old fat man club racers turning pro I assumed more of them would show up, lol. I hope you're right!