1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati 749 class eligibilty

Discussion in 'General' started by Trevor Hawkins, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Trevor Hawkins

Trevor Hawkins New Member

Hey Guys and Girls. New to the forum and new to the states. Used to race a few years back in South Africa and since moving here i am itching to race again. I have been "gifted" a fully prepped Ducati 749 i fancy trying my luck on. Any ideas on which class would suit me best. I know 600's will ki it but at this stage just want to get my feet wet and see where it goes. Live in Georgia so am keen to go to Road Atlanta, Roebling, Birmingham... guidance and assistance will be appreciated....

2. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Can't answer your question directly but I will say welcome aboard. You're gonna love being so close to some cool ass tracks.

3. Trevor Hawkins

Thanks. For sure the sky's the limit here in the US.

4. ahastings

ahastings Well-Known Member

Heavyweight twins and any 600 class. There is a middleweight sr. Sb if u are over 40 also

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

5. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

I thought this bike was known as the clubman killer? If those rules still apply, then the answer is clubman class!

6. Trevor Hawkins

Thanks. Yeah i am 36 so have abit to go before i am 40. Guess i will be stuck running against 600's.

7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Having a guy named Trevor on the grid might class things up a bit.

motoboy likes this.
  8. Trevor Hawkins

You havent met this Trevor yet... likely to be shunned and ridiculed after the first meeting. First corner was never my favourite part of the race... ahem! Might consider giving me a 20 sec headstart so i dont take anybody out. Also it will only be fair on my slow old Ducati.

9. Inquizid

Welcome to the Clubman class sir. You’ll fit right in!

10. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Can’t this run LW twin?

11. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

You can de stroke one down to a 687 and run it in lightweight superbike and formula 2. In fact, I got a motor I'll sell ya! :D Don't think its clubman legal. Pretty sure that's just the older air cooled 750.

12. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Yeah, I don't think a 749 is Clubman legal.

13. I know CCS doesn't allow liquid cooled twins with desmodromic valves to run LW classes, not sure about WERA.

14. Inquizid

My mistake

15. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

16. Just race it in HWT-SB with all the other Twins, you'll be fine. :)

17. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

It will be legal in V8MW, V8HWx HW twins, 750& 600 SS and Superbike ..... It will be fun

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope. That was the Supermono.