1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daytona 200 is on now

Discussion in 'General' started by backcountryme, Mar 17, 2018.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

The layout that was used from 1985-2004 when Superbikes were running the 200 was 3.56 mi, from 2005-2008 when FX 600 were running it the course was 2.95 mi, since 2009 when DMG took over until present its been regular (non-Formula Extreme) 600's running on a 3.51 mi configuration.

So basically they are running a 1/2 mile less distance than they were at that time.

2. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

So the bike you back should win next year? It's super easy. It's just a dumb club race ...

Gino230, TurboBlew and G8rDuc like this.
  3. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yes because current CCS 600 super sport bikes and field are the same as prior AMA Pro Superbikes and AMA FX. :rolleyes:

How many of this years top ten Daytona finishers will win a MA Superbike or Supersport race in 2018?

ZERO.

5150 Pops likes this.
  4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Well to be fair I don't think Danny will be at the pointy end of Superbike but I'd say Valentin will have his fair share of Supersport race wins (like he did last year) and he didn't even finish the 200.

5150 Pops likes this.
  5. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Think he was making fun of the announcers screwing stuff up. :D

6. humblepie

humblepie Well-Known Member

Before his injury today, my guess was that Valentin would sweep the MA 600 races at the first weekend of the season.

5150 Pops and noles19 like this.
  7. I can't see a Factory doing that for a club race.

Unless it is a sanctioned Pro race with a field full of other Pros and Factory teams, I can't see any Factory throwing that kind of money/effort/resources at it.

I could be wrong, but I just don't see it.

8. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Good to see Debise is ok. Is it possible he hit that paint or maybe the grass while turning in?

9. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

3.56-3.51= 264ft

10. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

Russell won in a time when there were FOURTEEN fcatory superbikes on the grid. That will never happen again.

5150 Pops, G2G, scottn and 2 others like this.
  11. 418

418 Expert #59

I think the race being what it is now, its still cool to watch and quite the accomplishment. I thought I wouldn't give a shit about it after CCS took it over but its cool as a one off. And it's exciting and encouraging to see that many bikes on the grid. Heard Roebling is packed too...

12. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Looking at the Q times from the 24. 1990 was 2sec slower than 2018.
    Is that the change in track length or quality of cars? GTP era was very heavily factory backed.

13. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

They ran the original horseshoe? Thought that was changed up

14. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

I compression fractured my T-3. Docs told me 6-8 weeks, but I can tell you it takes about a year until you don't notice or feel it all the time. Anyone else I have talked to that has broken their back has said the same thing. How quickly he returns might depend on if he has any feeling or nerve issues. I had a sunburn type feeling in one arm and it felt like a hot knife in my back. I took 2 months off the motorcycle, but continued racing XC mountain bikes.

Bobby_Evans and 418 like this.
  15. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Yes. JU posted a reply in the Ryan's Roadracing Lounge FB group stating this is what happened.

I'd post a link, but no FB for me until I watch today's MotoGP races.

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I realized that too after it was too late to edit the post :crackup:

Hey who knows, maybe it was a very technical 264 ft section :D

17. ahastings

ahastings Well-Known Member

It's just the horseshoe that is tightened up. The old horseshoe is where pit out is now, the new one runs inside of it

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

18. ahastings

ahastings Well-Known Member

6 Yamaha r6s dq'd for aftermarket air filters. The new r6 air filter rule that requires r6 to run stock air filters

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

19. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

That humor was lost because I'm grateful for the ability to watch it for free and simply ignore the haters.

backcountryme likes this.
  20. 418

418 Expert #59

I cracked and compressed mine a few years back in 2010. I still feel it. Not bothersome most days but its always there.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018