Shocking!! Just Shocking!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by BSA43, Feb 19, 2018.

1. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

KFC in the UK has closed 600 stores because they ran out of . . .

CHICKEN!! :crackup:

2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

United Kingdom, of University of Kentucky???

3. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

How the hell are there 600 KFC's in the UK? They don't have Popeyes or Churches?

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Chicken can be a pain in the ass. When I was in high school I managed a Hardee's that sold fresh fried chicken. We ran out on more than one occasion. It's not like beef where you can buy a ton of frozen meat and let it sit in the freezer. It comes in fresh and only has a few days of shelf life so "stocking up" is a sure way to lose your ass in waste.

5. They are everywhere in the uk. They love that shit.

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

KFC's are really big with the halal crowd

7. mwrlex

mwrlex Well-Known Member

I walked into a KFC in Lexington (about a mile from UK) and the lady behind the counter said "we ain't got no chicken."

Shenanigans likes this.
  8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Remember when this happened to Popeye's? People were in the streets outraged like their children were going to starve because Popeyes ran out of chicken.

9. KFCs are big everywhere. I’ve eaten at a KFC in Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Brazil, and several countries in Africa. You would be amazed at how much of the world loves them some KFC.

10. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

I only know that once every 2-3 years I have a hankering for Original Recipe.

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Phl218 likes this.
  12. Lazy Destroyer

Lazy Destroyer Well-Known Member

Was that the video that ended with that white guy saying "bummer. I guess I'll go just get a pizza then" or something LOL

13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

[​IMG]

14. Lazy Destroyer

Lazy Destroyer Well-Known Member

We do like our pizza tho

ToofPic likes this.
  15. Ain’t nobody got time for that.

Wingnut likes this.
  16. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Ha! My late father in law would always bring over a bucket of chicken when they would come visit.

17. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Church's FTMFW!

18. condon66

condon66 Member well known

They changed over to DHL as their carrier. From what I read they were warned that DHL didn't have the network to be able to handle it. They probably saved a little and then lost a lot. Dropping the other shipper left a lot of jobs lost and the closing of one of that shippers hubs.

Metalhead likes this.
  19. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

The Church's around here have homeless line up at closing time and give them whatever didn't get sold that day...and it's STILL overpriced faeces.

20. Aberk

Aberk Well-Known Member

Favorite KFC sign was in China for the "Rural Burger". I assumed there was limited translation for country fried steak or something.