1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prayers for my Brother

Discussion in 'General' started by Lever, Mar 27, 2004.

1. medicracer

medicracer mostly luriking nowdays

not the type of thing we like to hear about here, esp. from the green one.
    get well soon.

didn't we just hear recently about this man's horrible luck and misfortune?? guess when it rains it pours.

2. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

i agree...that was nice of you to think to keep his friends here updated in your own time of worry.

hope all turns out well.

3. Trev230EX

Trev230EX Put me in coach

Spoke to Greenie...

He said he was leaving the hospital and his wrist and knee were pretty banged up. Jeff sounded real shookup from the impact of the wreck, thank goodness he had his seatbelt on. The driver of the vehicle he was riding in has some bumps,cuts and bruises himself. I didnt really find out any more as he was just leaving the hospital a couple of hours ago and I didnt want to bother him any further.

Let us know if you need anything Green. Get well dude. :)

4. Jeff Sutton

Jeff Sutton New Member

Green:

I love your love for the sport, man. Heal quickly.

Jeff Sutton
    Spotted Dog Racing

5. guerrilla

guerrilla Real King of the Jungle

Good to hear Nothing that can't heal! :clap:

If greenie didn't have bad luck....well you know! Can't wait to hear the story!!!

6. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Jeff, my heart sunk after learning of your accident. Heal fast, brother.

7. guerrilla

guerrilla Real King of the Jungle

My thoughts exactly!

8. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Green, hate to hear this news, hope you're OK. :(

9. tcasby

tcasby Banned

Glad he was on 4 wheels instead of 2 and on his way home.:up:

10. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Ah, Greenie, you big dummy. Get well soon.

11. JoeTassone

JoeTassone The Dude abides...

Heal quickly, Jeff.

12. The H-man

The H-man Go Navy!

My heart fell when I first read this. Thanks ever so much Karen for taking the time to let us know.

I'm glad to have read that ole double duece was discharged upright and ambulatory (same for his friend). I'll pray for the quick and complete recovery of you both.

13. motorcycleman

motorcycleman Well-Known Member

hope you get back on two wheels soon..

May your recovery be one of quickness and of little pain..........Pelphrey 185 novice 600

14. SV81

SV81 Steeler Hater

Excellent, Green is leaving the hospital. :beer:

15. krodaddy

krodaddy Well-Known Member

Drunk Drivers SUCK :mad:

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I am so glad I did not see this thread before this was posted. Get well soon, bro. I sure hope the drunk driver gets what he deserves.:mad:

p.s. I heard a power commander makes a great collision-avoidance device in a car. You may want to think about it.:)

17. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

How `bout we let Lever do all the maintenance on the drunk's vehicles from now on...

;)

Glad to hear you're doin' better! Our prayers are still with you and your friend.

18. Booger Van der Jackass

Booger Van der Jackass Well-Known Member

Man Jeff, I didn't read this thread (luckily) until Sunday morning. I'm so relieved there were no permanant injuries. Though I'm not deeply religious, I do believe somebody was looking out for you that night. Heal up quickly now...

19. RacerGirl117

RacerGirl117 Well-Known Member

My first reaction to this thread was "Oh shit". Jeff, I'm glad you're relatively okay. There are plenty of lawyers on this board that I'm sure would be happy to help you if you decide to pursue a case.

By the way, what is the condition of the drunken driver?

Jess

20. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

i love my little sis - except fo the fact that she has an o3 gixxer :)...well..here's the story....

this is another of those valuable lessons to learn that everyone needs to take to heart....

i meet up with my friends and we went out for a couple of beers at about 9 oclock at the village tavern - then back to a buddies house to wait until about 11 to head downtown to go dancing...so we head dt at about 11 and meet up with some girls to do some dancing...the place closes at 2 am and they were supposed to drop me off at my car first since i was the closest...well they go the completely opposite direction and drop off the guy that lives the farthest away off first - ironic twist of fate - so we drop that guy off and then head back to the house of the fella who we're riding with to pick up my other friends car and he's going to take me back to mine...we get there and the guy who i'm riding with loses his cell phone...so he tries to wake up the other guy who just went into his house to come out and get it out of his locked car...never responds...so my friend is pissed, and we head back to drop me off. We'll i'm already getting nervous as he is going about 55-60 through this neighborhood...then we get on providence road which is a 45 and he continues going 60mph...there are two stop lights which are about 200 yards apart, and as we blast through the first one, we start getting close to the second one and he hasn't even pushed on the brakes...so i start yelling, "Dude, it's a red light! Dude it's a red light"...i don't know if he was zoned out thinking about his cell phone and tired, or now that i've had time to think about it, i don't know how much he had to drink before i met up with him at 9:30...the next thing i see is another dodge neon (which we were also riding in) coming into the picture, just like out of the movies...and we hit them in a tbone collision - in probably dead center of the front wheel well...that car got thrown down the street about 150 feet and we ended up on the other side of the road with them...God, now that i think about it, there is no doubt in my mind that God was protecting us...there are three variables that weren't there that could have made this a catastrophe and someone WOULD have been killed...first, we hit another neon, both smaller cars, and i had my seat belt on MORAL #1 always wear it, no matter the distance...it saved my life hands down...the airbag merely busted my wrist...secondly, if it had been a big SUV that we hit, it could have been much worse...good God, i don't even want to consider what could have happend if it had been a semi...i would have been decapitated if we'd gone under the trailer...third...we hit in the closest lane of traffic and spun through the other traffic going the opposite direction, which means had there been another car coming from the other direction, we'd of probably been killed..., plus, no one was in the passenger side of the car we hit...considering what happend we were incredibly lucky...today i can't move my hand from a severe sprain, and my knees are both screwed from hitting the dash because those cars are so small...my knee might have torn ligaments in it that i need to get checked...but beyond that...no serious injuries...no broken bones...

The moral of the story is if you've been with someone who's drinking...never ride with them...i don't know if it was the alcohol in his system or the cell phone or the fact that he was tired...although he only had three beers when i was with him and stopped at 11pm, it never occurred to me how much he'd had before i was with him...so 4 and a half hours later when the accident happend at 3:30 i figured he'd was fine...the toxicology reports will say what influenced the accident....before it happened, he showed no signs of intoxication - speech was fine, walking around was fine no stumbling, so even though i don't know for sure that alcohol was to blame, don't let someone who you know has had more than two beers in that same night drive a car...i learned the hard way, and so it has cost me a lot of pain, and possibly racing for the next few months if i do have torn ligaments, and if the toxicology reports that he was over the legal limit...it's also going to cost me my friend...

because its one thing to get into an accident if your mind wanders...but its a completely different thing to put a friends life in danger when your drunk and you know it, but you don't show it..my little sister preached that to me for 15 minutes over the phone when i told her yesterday...and she's right...

thankyou guys for all of your prayers...and well wishing...please take this experience that i've gone through and remember it, because i was extremely lucky...and i don't want anything to happen to anyone on this board that happened to me...i can still see that neon coming into our headlights right before we hit every time i close my eyes...and my youthful energy that so proudly says i'm invinsible is gone forever...thanks again guys...God Bless