1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any TV coverage set for the Daytona 200?

Discussion in 'General' started by gpracer15, Feb 15, 2018.

1. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Live or taped?

Provider?

Im sure I wont have access :mad:

2. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

ToofPic likes this.
  3. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

I saw that too on the ASRA website and it states that live streaming will start on March 15th at 1:00 PM ET.

The Fanschoice.tv website doesn't list the Daytona 200 in their current schedule but it does show the AFT Daytona TT race at 2:00 PM ET on Thursday March 15th.

The Daytona 200 race isn't until Saturday March 17th at 1:00 PM ET. Hopefully they will update their schedule soon.

UPDATE: Looking at the site there is a note stating "Below are placeholders for adding future links" so they are obviously still working on updating their site.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I don't think there's been any coverage for the 200 for a couple years now no? All there has been was live streaming online.

5. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Mongo has finally killed road racing. :D

ToofPic likes this.
  6. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

I have never seen coverage of amateur road racing on TV, would be cool if they started though.

cgordon3 and Gorilla George like this.
  7. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

^^^^ Smart ass.

Last year or the year before, they also streamed the October Race of Champions, too. Was pretty cool.

8. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I have to say the last time I streamed the 200, coverage sucked. Watching 6 hours of racing that looks like it was shot with your uncle's Betacam kinda sucks.

condon66 likes this.
  9. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

I'm sure it'll be streamed on Fanchoice. They'll announce it about 2 hours before the race starts.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  10. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

The old Speed Vision cable channel use to cover wera races.I was on my way to becoming a star,until the bottom dropped out.
    I think it was North west Honda? Out of texas pitted next to us. They were running 2nd I believe overall,and I came in to pit from my 89th position in the 600 field.
    We were on camera,and I giggled my ass off on a two wheeled Tuesday night.
    They also covered Formula USA..
    Really wish someone would cater to club racing,and tv time.I don't even care what time,just do it damnit!!

11. I see what you did there. :D

renegade17 likes this.
  12. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

Remember when Fogarty came over for The 200 to put Russell in his place?

13. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Accurized.

Please continue.

renegade17 likes this.
  14. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I was watching that year too. Beyond horrible.

15. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

I could deal with the footage, but the commentator was so bad I had to turn the sound down. Plagued with red flags, air filter controversy's. Hoping for some non-factory teams to go out there and "practice" for MA season.

16. G 97

G 97 Garth

Possibly the CCS racers could start a gufund me page to pay someone to broadcast it?

17. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Remember Russell giving the long drawn out GA boy southern drawl?
    One year I swear he was stoned!
    Laughed my ass off

panthercity likes this.
  18. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

I dont understand why MA doesnt include Daytona 200 in the schedule. Always exciting to watch that as the first race of the season. Mr. Daytona, I will never forget him crashing on the first lap, breaking his footpeg then coming back to finish 1st place 1993 I think it was. Those were the best times for roadracing. So many big names in the sport. Muzzy, Vance&Hines, You name it, every manufacturer and race team was there. Its sad what it has become.

ToofPic likes this.
  19. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

I believe it's because Daytona Motorsports Group ...."DMG" ...sold.... "AMA Pro Racing"... to MotoAmerica.... thus... This is our event at our speedway ...and you can't have it.... ???

20. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

DMG ruins everything they touch. How about a rolling start like Nascar? GTFO