1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EX500's FOR SALE

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by vance, Jan 20, 2018.

1. vance

vance *

EX540 with F2 front end and rear, 540 kit with megacycle cams and slotted gears, clips ons, rear sets, 0.90 front springs, unknown (to me) brand rear shock with reservoir, currently set up with stock carbs because the 39CR's are too much carb for the bike. 97 SRAD Pitech bodywork. Bill of sale only

EX525 (the red 996) gen2 stator, RaceTech 0.90 springs with Gold Valve emulators, Penske rear shock, FOG rear set brackets, FOG dog bones (raise swing arm and eliminate squat), clip ons, 2-1 exhaust, All Balls steering bearings, fork seals, Adjustable brake and clutch levers, steel braided brake line (front), EBC Floating front rotor, EBC HH pads, keyless fuel cap, 520 chain, Pengel petcock, Barnett clutch with springs, GP shift, stock motor in the bike with stock carbs, Bridgestones have about 30 laps on them. This is pretty much everything you could possibly do to a 500 for race prep. Title is somewhere, will find it.

The 500, 540 and 525 motors are a good fit for WERA's DSB and Clubman.
    500 and 525 motors are good for CCS's 500SS/SB.

These 500's are like SV's in that when you buy one to race prep, you get 3 free, so spares are really too much to list but the major ones would be:
    Roller
    Keihin 35mm CR's
    Keihin 39mm CR's
    Spare running 500 motor
    525 MOTOR:
    Wiseco K1040 75.5mm 11:1 Compression pistons, new seals, gaskets, motor gone through and cleaned top to bottom properly, all seals and gaskets replaced with new, head ported and polished, new valves, Kibblewhite springs and retainers, manual cam chain tensioner, 60hp on pump gas, 64+ on MR12

As the bikes sit, $1500 each. We can work out any combination with the spares.

Attached Files:

• 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      111.8 KB
      Views:
    britx303 likes this.
  2. vance

vance *

3. vance

vance *

Ha, yeah I forgot they also fit in V5 :D

4. vance

vance *

0DA5FDD3-1CD0-40D5-A014-40E63D39F2BC.jpeg
    One of the spares boxes:
    3 sets of carbs
    Multiple Gearing front and rear
    Stator
    Side case gaskets
    Chain
    Headlight
    Gas tank
    Wiring harness
    Radiator....
    I’m quite sure there’s an entire bike that could be assembled on the roller. I have an extra set of bodywork as well somewhere in miami....

5. vance

vance *

Jesus Mary and Joseph, the frames must have multiplied. I have the title for the red powder coated frame and that’s a Z07 rear shock on it. Cheap upgrade but I found the Penske on eBay afterwards.
    478845DF-4187-47F2-A33E-1C4CFD985D94.jpeg

6. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

OK, we have been talking about needing more in vintage grids. A set up bike for $1500!!!

Somebody buy this.

Metalhead and vance like this.
  7. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Totally agree Dave.

Good luck Vance......hows the sidecar coming?

vance likes this.
  8. vance

vance *

Seriously guys, these two are taking up space. I'll make a killer deal on the bikes, spares, both bikes, even open to trades. Both bikes are race ready as they sit. The cool carbs and the built 525 will require some dyno time, but I can give the numbers and setup I've got that I used at Daytona.

Oh Charlie, that sidecar thing escalated quickly!:D
    F1 being delivered from Canada mid-March to Daytona. I'm buying a trailer for it this week. :rock:

Walker's XS650 will be finished as he had planned and I'll bring it out when I make a WERA round for sure.

9. vance

vance *

I keep remembering stuff:
    The stock motor in the red bike as wells the stock spare motor also have new crank bearings, lapped heads, new base and head gaskets and valve adjustments. I also have enough of the titanium KibbleWhite springs and retainers for two more motors. KW doesn't make them anymore for the old EX, so my minimum purchase had to be enough to do 4 motors.

Located in Naples FL, can deliver if I can make a race weekend out of it.

10. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

That black&white bike looks awesome!!! Damn......cant beat 1500 bucks for great racebikes!!!!

11. vance

vance *

white EX1.jpg This was the original paint scheme, but that's a painful conversation to be had in private...
    My first modern sport bike was the 97 SRAD 750. Loved that bike
    lucky strike.jpg

VFR#52 likes this.
  12. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Deliver to Seattle? We have a 6 round season up here from April thtough September, so I'm flexible... :D

13. vance

vance *

Yeah... that might be a bit far :D
    I was thinking Roebling, Barber, Tally :crackup:

14. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Well then, I'm out. Unless you can add street legal gear so I can ride one of them home...

15. vance

vance *

You set up shipping and I'll knock off 1/2 of the shipping cost.

VFR#52 likes this.
  16. dspaw

dspaw Active Member

PM sent

17. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

:D:D
    [​IMG]

18. vance

vance *

:crackup:
    Super-secret project revealed too soon!!!

james walker likes this.
  19. lance89

lance89 Well-Known Member

Vance, sent you a message. Lance

20. vance

vance *

Lance, got your PM. I currently have two offers that between them take up pretty much everything. If these fall through I’ll let you know.