1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 Vintage Classes

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Mongo, Jan 10, 2018.

1. No Brakes

No Brakes Well-Known Member

Race 13 is different on Sat and Sunday. I think he meant for Sat, race 13 is F2 and V5 which might still be a stretch considering some of the SVs on the track but not as much as Sr Superbike (600/1000). it would be race 12 on Sunday.

2. No Brakes

No Brakes Well-Known Member

Does anyone see an issue moving FSS from Race 7 (LWT SB, V6LW, DSS, FSS) to Race 9 (Sat - Clubman, V4, V3, 500GP)? 250 speeds/times are comparable to V3/V4 bikes. This would help me get 1 more race in as I can't race 3 races on 3 different bikes at the same time with current setup for Race 7.
    I have an SV, FZR490, and 250.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes it would. Looks like we're already covered.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

On V5 in F2 - F2 is NOT 600's. It is mainly SV 650's and then the F3 bikes bumping up. Not remotely the same thing.

No way in any reality is Senior Superbike a safer option. Not even close.

For V3/V4 - why the concern over it? Neither of the 2 riders in V3 bumped up ever to run with the 1 single rider in V4. None of the 4 riders in 500GP bumped up to anything else either than I can see. Why would that all of the sudden change this year?

Harry V. III and Killswitch like this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Also - when talking race numbers lets go with the Sunday schedule. Or type out every class in the race :D

Killswitch likes this.
  6. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Sean

Did you get my email regarding V6HW ?

tks
    M

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think so... If I did it's at the office and not sure what I was waiting on to answer it. If it was simple enough I should be able to answer send it again.

8. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Thanks!

9. mgmark

mgmark George Tirebiter for President

In my case this mainly applies to looking for a bump up class for GP500 to have a second race in the day. Before, we went from 350 to 500 and didn’t look any further. Now I’m looking at V3 or maybe FSS, even though my bike isn’t listed. I’m thinking lap speeds might be as close as I can get without being a rolling apex for the modern bike guys.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ah got ya, so you're essentially looking for a second bump up from 350 but we don't have 350 now.

11. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

IMO, V5 also slots into Clubman well. Look at GNF Clubman lap times versus V5. Clubman has been faster. A max built Clubman bike will beat a built V5 bike with equal riders at Barber. It would be a close race at Road Atlanta.

12. mgmark

Exactly.

13. Hate McDead

Hate McDead Well-Known Member

Lookin' for some help here.
    Say I go down to Tally (planning on it with a big *maybe*). I run my wee little 250 in 500GP. No problem; life is good. But I'm planning on bringing my modern single which I would normally run in Clubman. However, Clubman runs in the same race as 500 GP. So what would be a the next best class to run my big single?

14. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

Get it, you know the classes and lap times, I received some bad information on what runs in F2

Just about all of true the F-500 bikes bumped to V3, they are now part of V3, I believe they will be looking for pump up class, for some of them they are looking for it not to conflict with their second race bike.

I will be a candidate for V3 on the RD and Clubman on an RZ but they run together, so V5 on the RZ and it will be a single race on both bikes (when I actually get to race)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  15. bogganman

bogganman Well-Known Member

Bob give me a call. Still working on the tr3 squish scenario.....also info on the 421. Keith Powell 850 570 5015

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

LW Twins and F2 would both be good for the thumper.

Hate McDead likes this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'll check into it.

18. ringdingding

ringdingding TWO-STROKE MILITIA

Cool, can you run an RD250 bottom end for the six speed tranny? Can you emulate TD porting? That with some head skimming and carbs should have you motoring them CB's.

19. ringdingding

ringdingding TWO-STROKE MILITIA

I seem to remember Mr Mercer's CB, when he made the jump to V-1 spec., was not full on. Something along the line of a three quarter racer, carbs and a cam and maybe a little more. Still reliable and cheap to maintain, I just know he and I we close in performance on my stock RD350 and had some fun close racing on a few occasions.

20. mgmark

If only there was a piston supplier........