1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sad news

Discussion in 'General' started by SmokeSignalRT, Nov 24, 2017.

1. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Shouldn't be an issue, I told her I would try and help her sort everything out when she was ready.

2. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Dang. I hate to hear these things. RIP

3. Great to hear, just offering in case cash needs to be freed up but keep it in the Wera family.

4. Do ya? Why aren’t you coming over to rebuild my 2T’s?

As I stated I also have plenty of room as well

Cam Morehead likes this.
  5. Phl218

Phl218 .

ok, want to keep me in mind? i'd like to keep the legacy of the bike going.

6. XACT-Man

XACT-Man Not that fast....

7. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

I only say this because I know Kurt would pile right on, but........

Who is the goofy fack with the black 109 IN THE BACK?

...still not dealing with it well, but RIP Kurt. I know I'll never forget ya man.

Shenanigans likes this.
  8. sowega

sowega #710

I'm driving up from Atlanta Friday morning. If anyone from points south/west need a place to stay Thursday night, I have a couch and a German Shepherd that loves to cuddle.

Shenanigans and SmokeSignalRT like this.
  9. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

As someone that has gone through this, I can say that the feeling to have your close friends motorcycle that you now own, and race, in his honor, is something that is just beyond words.

I did not know Kurt personally, but it's clear the impact he's had on the community. Randy Chabot was that friend to me, and having his bike that we did our first ever WERA endurance race together on in 2016, is simply beyond words. Running the WERA endurance rounds in his memory to keep the team going gave us riders a drive that is simply unexplainable. Pride beyond measure.

It's far too soon to be concerned with the bikes, but one of ya'll need to make the same happen for Kurt.

10. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

Still dealing with it myself. Kurt was never the type to care what others thought of him, while at the same time he cared about everybody. He was a husband, father, friend, smartass, racer, mentor, DJ, and professional. I'm going to miss him a lot.

11. GA_SVS

GA_SVS Define "normal"

Heard about this on the local news yesterday - total disbelief. We can put a few folks up and live ~10 minutes from Toccoa. We ask that you give us the courtesy of 24 hours lead time and for those with aversions / allergies, we have indoor canine, feline and piscine pets.

12. Also if everyone wants a meeting place for after my country club is less than 10 minutes from the funeral home and has a couple private rooms I can get.

Shenanigans likes this.
  13. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I'm planning on driving down from SC
    I think that is a good idea.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We'll be there Friday. Not sure we'll make Thursday, can't just stay up there with the pups and all.

15. Already told the wife I’d be out all day/ night just in case. You can organize Joe :) Once we get it settled I’ll need a list of names to get through the gate (at least the driver) or give them my name.

Shenanigans likes this.
  16. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I'm thinking of heading down early Friday morning - unfortunately, Thursday is tied up or I'd be there the night before. That said, I want to make sure Friday is not family/small group only or anything.

17. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

Dee specifically asked folks to share the info.

Lawn Dart and Canadian Bacon like this.
  18. In honor of Kurt maybe we should meet at the WalMart parking lot, he always busted my @ss about the high class Toccoa Walmart :)

Cam Morehead and panthercity like this.
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm driving Emily and Evelyne up so we'll probably have to stop there anyway...

20. It’s a treat, break out the cowboy hat.