1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sad news

Discussion in 'General' started by SmokeSignalRT, Nov 24, 2017.

1. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Godspeed Kurt.

Prayers for his Mrs and the kids.

:(

2. jim weaver

jim weaver Well-Known Member

like others i didnt know kurt other than the beeb. but it seems that the best and kindest are taken too soon. it just isnt right rest in peace.

Phl218, Metalhead and Repo Man 32 like this.
  3. Waterboy

Waterboy Rain Man

Known Kurt since I started racing ('06 or '07) and had the privledge of racing with him in Team Yo! endurance twice and this is awful. Always looked forward to saying hi to him at the track and was a great dude. RIP Kurt...

Team Yo! 2013.jpg

4. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

RIP
    Kurt was truly a good guy.
    Praying for his wife and kids.

5. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Rest easy brother.

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Sorry to see this. Rest in peace brother.

7. Terrible news. My best wishes go to the family and the many friends he had.

8. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

If anyone is putting together a fund for medical bills or funeral costs please let us know. I'll be glad to help out. I'm also praying for his wife. Those kids need their mama. God Speed Kurt! Watch over us buddy. For this to happen and especially on thanksgiving is a pile of shit. Be careful out there everyone. You just never know

SuddenBraking, tiggen and Phl218 like this.
  9. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

This year has truly sucked for the beeb. I didn’t know you beyond here, but you always seemed like a standup dude that cornered low.

Godspeed racer.

10. Also I don’t know the rest of Kurt’s family too well, just in passing but if anyone wants I can bring them a meal or two (with my limited time I can just get something from a really food restaurant or a nice restaurant in Lavonia Ga makes these awesome homemade meals that are frozen and you just pop them in the oven). Or anything else that needs to be done let me know as I am actually home for at least a couple weeks.

11. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

Devastated and gutted. Kurt was such an amazing man who would do anything in the world for you. If Todd Clark wasn't at Road A to plug me in, Kurt always made sure I was the first on his list to help out. Spent many evenings with him and his family at the track, taking his kids on rides in my golf cart, swimming at Tally, and hanging out. He always had a smile on his face and one of the first questions he always asked was, "Ya need anything?" He will was so loved by everyone. Prayers to Dee and the kids.

12. Gecko

Gecko Well-Known Member

This. RIP, racer. Godspeed.
    Thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

13. condon66

condon66 Member well known

What a horrible thing for his family and friends. It's so hard to accept and make sense of when good people are taken.
    RIP

14. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Sad to read, godspeed.

15. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

He helped me that way too. And when I was alone at the track and crashed and couldn't do anything for myself, he jumped right in and packed up my things. A great ambassador for the sport.

tiggen, Phl218 and Metalhead like this.
  16. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Damnit! And still a month to go in this shitty year...

Godspeed racer!

17. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

Very sad news. Kurt was a good man. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

18. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Had a very late text message from Huey that I woke up to this morning and then saw the news. Kurt was such a nice man, and one of my favorite customers at my shop. When I came back from my gig in Idaho, he was the only guy that I said yes to when asked if I would do some more engine work for them. He had so much patience and generosity, he was an admirable person.

Very sad news for sure. RIP Kurt. I live fairly close, if anyone hears from the family and they need any help, please let me know.

Cam Morehead and tiggen like this.
  19. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

So, so sad to hear this. Like many, I first knew Kurt from the BBS. In traveling south in the last few years, I had the opportunity to meet him and his family. Like others have said, he was warm and welcoming. When traveling by myself this summer to RA, he was the first to come over and see if I needed a hand, and offer an invite to dinner.

We raced against each other a number of times, and although he was a great competitor, he had the attitude that all of us should have, that this sport is supposed to be fun. And he was having fun doing it.

A huge loss in the WERA paddock and to the world in general.

Prayers to his family, and God Speed to my vintage brother.

TurboBlew and tiggen like this.
  20. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

RIP Mr. Kesler.

To all of his friends, so sorry for your loss.