West Coast Trackdays

Discussion in 'General' started by obakerone, Nov 2, 2017.

1. obakerone

obakerone Active Member

I'm only familiar with Trackxperience and Fastrack Riders out here. Does anyone know of any other organizations on the West Coast? I know it's winter and trackdays will be limited but I'd like as many options as possible. haha. thanks!!

2. duc995

duc995 Yep…

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
    obakerone likes this.
  3. flyingpig70

flyingpig70 Well-Known Member

4. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Nesba sucks

Gorilla George and obakerone like this.
  5. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Because this is a track day forum...

Gorilla George likes this.
  6. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

Keigwins
    Pacific Track Time
    Fun Track Dayz
    Z2 Trackdays
    Racers Edge Performance
    2 Wheel Trackdays

obakerone likes this.
  7. condon66

condon66 Member well known

And a nose blowing forum, a blowjob forum, a vote gathering forum, a baseball forum, a football forum, a best songs forum an appliance forum.....you get my point. At least it has to do with motorcycles.;)

8. Odilup

Odilup Well-Known Member

You are killing racing.

Gorilla George likes this.
  9. obakerone

obakerone Active Member

Thanks for all the input guys.

I know this is a racing forum but the reason I'm asking is to get more practice and track familiarization. This was my first year participating in WERA and I only did it at LVMS and I don't want to use races as practice. For those of you that just jumped on a bike one day and went out and podium, I envy you. Unfortunately that didn't happen for me and . :(

track wagon, MachineR1 and turbulence like this.
  10. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

He better watch out... that's Mongo's job

11. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Very few started racing and got podiums on day one. Lots of people have started racing without doing track days though. Track familiarization is what practice is for.

Good luck!

obakerone likes this.
  12. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I've had a shitload of top three finishes in club races, and I still don't know where they're hiding that podium.

I even brought my own champagne....:(

obakerone, badmoon692008 and JBall like this.
  13. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

14. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I'm 100% in favor of guys getting track time before they start racing. Those of us who turned our first on-track laps under a green flag like to get all nostalgic about it, like it's the right way. I have no issue with guys being a little faster and a little safer when they decide to take their first grid.

I don't even mind the mock races track days do. I think it's a good way to get your feet wet before you jump into the deep end.

The people who really piss me off are the track day pros. They have very well prepared bikes with all the accoutrements in their pit, and actually get around the track at a respectable pace, but refuse to race with a real club. I have an acquaintance who has social media profiles for his "race team" where he writes race reports referring to the entire track day as "practice" before breaking down the "race" in detail. He uses motogp-esque terminology like, "Struggled in the opening laps with a full fuel load." or "fought chatter throughout the weekend". It makes me want to stab him with a dull knife.
    Oh, and when he does a track day with an org that has no mock race, that's "testing". :Puke:

15. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Yep, if I'd done a few track days before racing I'd bet I wouldn't have a 50,000 dollar arm from a stupid little slow speed front end crash on my second race weekend.
    Up north Z2, Keigwin's, PTT are the main three. I taught with Z2 for several years. Good bunch of people, the two are as well. Z2 caters to a lot of beginners, keigwin more in the middle and PTT has been know to have a hooligan or two. :) Keigwins and PTT have adopted some of the things Z2 had been doing for years. All have good instructors and class champs teaching for them.

obakerone likes this.
  16. triffecpa

triffecpa Well-Known Member

+1 for SoCalTrackdays.com

I try to get out to Chuckwalla once every winter and appreciate the program that they run.

Tracy

obakerone likes this.
  17. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

What does a $50,000 dollar arm look like ?

Are you the 6 million dollar man ? :D

18. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Couple big scars, two plates and multiple screws, multiple surgeries add up in a hurry.

19. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

I can run mid pack amature class 600's at chuckwalla by my lap times. Seeing as I can afford a whole 2-3 trackdays a year at best, how in the hell do you suppose someone like me affords racing???

obakerone likes this.
  20. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Living on the Island of Misfit Toys

You can't advertise for track days on the WERA BBS!!!! I got banned for that once. ONCE!!!! :D