Paging Racing Star Thomas Hughey

Discussion in 'General' started by CorollaDude, Mar 16, 2004.

1. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

2. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

You crack me up. I just saw that and after I stood up from falling out of my chair, sent a letter to the editor.

Must have been a slow news day. I'll tell you what, you are a great writer. To be able to make a jag-off like me seem almost interesting shows an un-believable level of skill.

All that and you spelled my name right. You are the best. Thanks.

tom

3. rcrgirl84

rcrgirl84 Danger Kitty!!

Whoohoo, Hughey's famous!!

Congrats Tom. Maybe Fugi and I will see you guys at Summit this year.

4. JoeTassone

JoeTassone The Dude abides...

That's awesome!!!! I told everyone who would listen (my wife and Doug) that Tom is this year's sleeper!

Good job Bruce and Tom

5. YamRZ350

It would be great to see you guys. The pits are starting to look like an EARA event. The Pittsburgh Connection is back.

Merle and Drake both have 125's and are riding great. Jimmy is riding a Aprilla 250 and won the D superstock race this weekend.

Tell Fugi to build you a 125 and come out and play. You won't regret it.

tom

6. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Sweet trophy! Thanks Bruce for writing that piece. Good stuff!

David

7. YamRZ350

Thanks Joe. I don't know about the sleeper thing, T.J. was looking pretty damn fast this weekend. That, and I can't seem to remember which wave I'm in...

tom

8. Motomeister13

Motomeister13 Well-Known Member

Wooo HOOOOOOOOO. A nice guy finishes first at last.

Congrats Tom!! That article kicks ass!!! I hope that it is the first of many many more trophys for you.

We'll see ya at Summit next month.

Rich

9. JoeTassone

JoeTassone The Dude abides...

Being that I'm designated pit bitch for the season, I'm going to stand on the pit wall with a big ass wave sign so you don't forget!

10. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

http://www.carolinabreeze.com/article.php?n=282

Had to re-file it after midnight to bump it up to first on the Motorcycle Racing section....waitaminute.... I guess I could have just manipulated the date manually at any time. :eek:

Move along, people, nothing to see here. :D

Sometimes it's a real pain-in-the neck being a dumb@$$ :eek:

11. T.J. Smith

T.J. Smith Active Member

Cool Article

Great article Bruce, I've never met you but I've read a lot of what you have written. Thanks for the kudos Tom, I had my best ever finishes in the dry but missed having Joe out there to chase around as you were almost too fast for words. You were passing us in the C Superbike race the way Keith Code says Kenny Roberts Sr. passes people "You obviously didn't consider that anyone else was out there...." Congratulations on the Win!!!

12. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Too cool Bruce. I shall offer you the Pulitzer prize in journalism for your motor cycle coverage:clap::cool:

Oh, you should do some free lance work for Ulrich!

Last edited: Mar 17, 2004
  13. rcrgirl84

rcrgirl84 Danger Kitty!!

That is cool, I saw Merle and Drake's names in Bruce's results. Thanks Bruce, was nice to see how everybody was doing.

Fugi actually does have a 125 sitting in the garage at home. Maybe one day he'll do something with it. Right now I think we're sticking to the YSRs and maybe, hopefully, a few enduros and hare scambles this year. I made up the YOR schedule so that it does not conflict with any of the local WERA/CCS/SMUSA races.

Chris Wegman has been bit by the big bike bug (not racing, just spectating) so we might be coming down to Summit to spectate with him and his son Brandon this year.

14. merle4

merle4 Menace to sobriety

Not only are you great writer, you're a hell of a photographer as well. You almost made him look human. Seriously, you couldn't have picked a better guy to give a shout out to. Better people than Tom you won't find. Nice work, both of you.
    Merle