1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Putter

Discussion in 'General' started by CB186, Oct 1, 2017.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Same goes for you if you need it.

BigBird and ToofPic like this.
  2. joec

joec brace yourself

I'm pretty sure putter felt the love here.

But dude keep moving forward. Leave that bad shit behind..meditation worked for me. Really tough at first..crazy emotional stuff to wade through. but its a great way to focus on positivity and inner happiness. Just stay away from the freaky religion stuff. Lol

SpeedyE and ToofPic like this.
  3. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

You are wise beyond your years kiddo.:clap:You hang in there too.:cool:

SpeedyE likes this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Totally understand and agree - won't change the pissed off for me but that's on me. Always gonna miss the clear little shit :(

SpeedyE likes this.
  5. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

I'm totally blown away by this horrible news. Didn't know him other than through the beeb but he was a great personality. He'll definitely be missed.

SpeedyE likes this.
  6. kangasj

kangasj Banned

That son of a bitch was such a smart ass with a good sense of humor, I think that's why it caught me off guard so much. He seemed to be having a such a good time.....Damn him.....

SpeedyE likes this.
  7. joec

joec brace yourself

I thought you finished with "ban him" lol..

SpeedyE and kangasj like this.
  8. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

I always saw him as a translucent eggshell white

:)

SpeedyE, panthercity and Shenanigans like this.
  9. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

I haven't been on here much lately. I was told about this by a few friends over text and I didn't come here because I didn't want to read this thread. I knew him from here, was lucky enough to meet him and have some the best race weekends of my life at VIR with that crew. We stayed in touch over the years and talked about his daughter and racing and life. But I hadn't talked to him in a long time, and as I finished reading this thread I'm typing this with tears in my eyes. I have my own daughter on the way in a few months, and I know he would have been excited for me. I don't understand and I never will. It's devastating to know that someone who provided so much laughter and happiness in the world was struggling so much on the inside. We were chatting online one day many years ago and he meant to send a message to someone else but typed it in my window instead, it said "I wuv you". So of course I took the opportunity to make fun of him and started using it when I would say goodbye at the end of our conversations. It was a joke, but it was real.

RIP Putter. I wuv you.

PATBAROK, GSmann, SpeedyE and 12 others like this.
  10. Quig

Quig Well-Known Member

:(

SpeedyE likes this.
  11. Repo Man 32

Repo Man 32 Lifetime Member

It's great to see in words here on the BBS, something that is certain, something we all know:

We have each other's back.... If anything good comes from Putter's passing, it's that we all know we are here for each other.

Don't be stubborn, Shy, or embarrassed - If you need help the WERA Band of Brothers are here to help.... :Putter:

SpeedyE, dtalbott, Lawn Dart and 3 others like this.
  12. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Man. Speechless.

SpeedyE likes this.
  13. Brian129

Brian129 Too many projects

Its hard to think it was that long ago. The pirate bike was a pretty awesome prank though.
    I cant remember if it ever got ridden in full pirate livery, I know I said ok to Dave K wanting to ride it for something. I remember it had numbers on it too.

I cant remember, but I think Erik did not come to the 2005 race, he had something else come up didn't he?

the other one was seeing the advertise here sign pop up when I logged in, and remembering the pirate banner.
    almost everyone was in on that and I didn't know.

Logging in to see about Putter, its bad, sad. RIP.
    He was definitely a highlight of the board, sad too think how happy he seemed, and to see this.
    Reading all the names, and seeing the banter. It was like no matter what you could always expect to see him on here. interesting to see the number of people from back then still active.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
    TurboBlew, SpeedyE, Lawn Dart and 3 others like this.
  14. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

DAMN. His uncle gave the most inspiring eulogy I have ever heard. Just wow.

SpeedyE and Shenanigans like this.
  15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

THAT. WAS. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Yes, Putters uncle did a very good job. I can't imagine trying to do what he did, and I'm not related and have only known him for ~25 years.
    There was a good turn out of probably around 100 people. A group of us from the track and old classmates/neighbors.
    Kaitlyn has taken it well so far, but I'm not sure she really grasps the situation yet. Time will tell.
    Putter had struggle through the years that most of either never saw or didn't know the extent to which they reach. Sarahs earlier post I think sums it up well. It wasn't just Putter being in a funk or down in the dumps. The Putter we knew here and at the track was him at his best. I think we didn't hardly glimpse the part that he struggled with often.
    Less than a week ago I was mad and would have kicked his ass if I had the chance. Now, I'm sad for him, Kaitlyn, Kerri and his whole family, and mad at myself because I never knew he was so bad off.

BigBird, TurboBlew, SpeedyE and 3 others like this.
  17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I understand, but it serves no purpose to get mad at yourself. You have a life. Putter had his life. Had he asked, I don't think anyone doubts you would have been there.

18. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Talbott and I talked him into helping pay for it. :D

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

For some reason it hit me hard today. I was "okay" after a day or two but it caught me out again today.

I miss my friend and brother. A lot. and it destroys me I'll never see him again.

pscook, Lawn Dart and SpeedyE like this.
  20. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Death is not the greatest loss in life.
    The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.
    ~ Norman Cousins ~

Razr likes this.