1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MA PIRC

Discussion in 'General' started by 5axis, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Man I hope they learn a lesson and put some air fence where Hayden hit. Thts way way too fast a turn to not have any protection.

So happy he got up. That was terrible.

2. condon66

condon66 Member well known

I missed the race and forgot to record it. Where did he crash?

3. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

The wall in turn one seems a long way back but obviously it's not. Airfence would be a good addition but I can't blame them for missing this one before the race.

It surprised me to see so many problems at turn 1. From first practice riders were running wide. It always seems like you could go deeper into the corner but when you push the braking point, you end up going up and over the rise and unload the suspension a little making late braking sketchy.

rk97 likes this.
  4. condon66

That's what I'm thinking. That rise and drop right before turn-in.

5. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Turn 1 is completely different with the repave and because it opens up more now into the south course.
    That crash was nasty and he travelled a LONG distance. Air fence is needed there now.

Ride safe,
    AAron

tdelegram, ekraft84 and 5axis like this.
  6. Skter505

Skter505 Well-Known Member

Great race by Roger and glad Hayden got up after that crash, was brutal to watch. I thought for sure he'd at least be carried out on a stretcher. Glad he's ok and it sounds like he's ready for Jersey.

7. AJ

AJ Well-Known Member

This is an amazing looking track but I have never heard of it! Was it built recently ?

8. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Nope, but they extended the track recently, repaved everything over the past year, and improved the facilities as a whole. Great owners and a fun track.

9. condon66

It was formerly known as Beaverun.

10. He's a tough dude to get up from thst, I'd still be laying there. Rick has some work to do on the bike. Nasty crash.

11. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

I hate to say it but pea gravel would probably help a bunch in T1 there if there are no other options. That wall has to be a good 50 ft further off of the track than the wall at Barber T1. Either way I am sure they owners will put a good effort into making it safer. Last weekend was a good smoke test for them. Everything went pretty damn smooth there for their first try at a sizable event. Our group was asked multiple times throughout the weekend if we needed a ride or wanted them to haul our stuff to or from our truck by the owners. They called in more food vendors for Sunday after seeing the lines on Saturday. I cant say enough good about the place at this point. It is very refreshing to see compared to what we are use to seeing at most of the other tracks at this point. Oh and Porkchop won!

12. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

First, I'm a great fan of the old "Beav" and the new PIRC. This is a great track, tons-o-fun and the owners are first class. Are there "issues" with the pros? Sure. Remember this is the first time and, I'll add, the folks did a fantastic job. As for turn 1, the new layout has added 50% more speed thru there as compared to the old Beaver pace. Couple that with aggressive pro level passing and it does need to be addressed. I saw at least 10 run-offs there and most rode it out and rejoined the race so gravel would be a problem. Air fence is probably the best solution.

rugbymook likes this.
  13. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

In all the years racing at BeaveRun, I don't recall anyone making it to that T1 wall. However as Aaron mentioned, T1 has never been as fast as it is now. The repave increased speed coming onto the front straight, and the new T1/transition to the south course opens up the corner, where you carry more speed/less braking into it. Not to mention, less chatter-bumps on the brakes into T1.

Regarding the back section/kink/guardrail - that turn has always been a concern. People have been injured there. A buddy of mine and I gave money years ago to put haybales there, for something - if anything. Jim Sublet/WERA did that as well, before N2 eventually brought in air fence. The chicane is a necessary evil for now, even if it takes away some of the thrill from the original layout. I'm glad a professional sanctioning body came in and provided the final push in the name of safety.

14. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

+ 2

15. First trip to BeaveRun so I don't have the historical perspective. The facility was well-equipped. Good planning on crew access, parking, etc. Lots to do and see for fans. The riders think that small changes could go a long way. I hope the owners continue to make safety improvements, and it continues there.

Really happy that Hayden is okay. Imagine T1 if that grass was wet?

16. Scooter_428

Scooter_428 Member

Here are some photos I was able to grab. Had a fantastic weekend and saw some really great racing.
    DSC_0017.JPG
    DSC_0018.JPG
    DSC_0030.JPG
    DSC_0097.JPG
    DSC_0100.JPG
    DSC_0101.JPG
    DSC_0104.JPG
    DSC_0110.JPG
    DSC_0151.JPG
    DSC_0154.JPG

17. Scooter_428

Scooter_428 Member

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

How big was the crowd? Good turnout?

19. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Don't know the numbers but it seemed to be a good turnout, lots of friendly faces.

mpusch likes this.
  20. condon66

I knew Jake Lewis was tall but when I approached the SBK/SSTK podium Saturday and saw his head and shoulders stretching way up past everybody else I asked myself how the hell he fits on a bike!o_O

TLR67 likes this.