1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2006 KX450F Supermoto

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by RacerRuss, Jul 20, 2017.

1. RacerRuss

RacerRuss Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This bike was purchased new by a friend in 2006, ridden on the dirt for about 8 hours and then a SM conversion was started. No expense was spared with over $12,225 spent on aftermarket parts. Here is the full aftermarket parts list fitted:

Ohlins Shock $1800
    Ohlins FG661 full forks (not just cartridges) $5000
    Akrapovic Exhaust $1100
    Magura Caliper $650
    AP bore adjustable master cylinder $1050
    Excel Wheels with Talon Hubs $1800
    Magura 320mm brake disk $250
    Pro Circuit triples $400
    Pirelli SuperCorsa DOT tires $350

However, there were a few items that were not direct fits and needed some skills to make work that my friend did not possess. The main problem was that the caliper was 100mm and the Ohlins fork lowers were set up for a 108mm Brembo. Therefore, he lost interest and the bike just sat in his garage for 10 years until about 2 months ago when I purchased it from him.

I took the carb apart, cleaned it and the tank, fixed the offsets on the chain and sprockets, and fit a new Brembo Caliper with Brembo race pads ($825) as well as cleaned off the years of dust. Bike fired right up after the carb rebuild and I have ridden it up and down the street a few times to make sure everything was OK (it was) and now I am looking to sell it.

This is not street legal and can not be easily converted

2. Greg Ben

Greg Ben Member

How much?
    Location?

3. RacerRuss

RacerRuss Well-Known Member

Oops, I thought I had copied it all. Asking $6500 and it is located near Winston Salem, NC. I will try to figure out how to correct the original ad or replace it. Thanks for the heads up.

I probably should also mention that I can be reached by email at racerruss at nc dot rr dot com and phone is three three six 671 6237.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017