1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2017 Ford f250 gasser

Discussion in 'General' started by casjoker, Jul 7, 2017.

1. kiggy74

kiggy74 As useful as an...

Certainly an option, but I'm of the opinion that any vehicle costing that much shouldn't be an asshole out of the box. You can spend a ton of money making them more user friendly, but some of the diesel-isms can't be completely avoided, including constant recalls and a relatively higher cost of repairs.

My advice is make sure you really need the diesel. If a gasser can do it and you plan on this also being a daily driver you might be better off sticking to gas.

2. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

Considering used options too. Love to find a low mileage 06 or early 07 duramax. Maybe an 08-10 and pull all the emissions crap off. No checks in TN and no warranty to void with the older ones.

Diesels really can be a 50/50 proposition especially with all the emissions crap they have in them now. They pull so dam well it's hard to argue sometimes. I may go the rental route and try a gas 2500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Don't lay the blame at the manufacturer's feet. Further discussion would require a trip to the dungeon.

4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I won't own a piss tank diesel. Hell, I'm not happy that I have an EGR on this one.

5. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Yup. When I picked up my Mega Cab, you could get a big gasser with the SLT package for 41k. I love my Dodge. I will.have another when this one hits 200k

masshole likes this.
  6. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Only one problem with my GMC in 32k miles in a little over 15 months. Bought it brand new. It's been solid as a rock. That one problem was a leaking oil cooler at 10k miles and quickly repaired in just a few hours in the shop. GM was all over it and no down time to me.

It's towed the TH over half those miles all over the SW and SE USA. It gets worked constantly I am always hauling, towing, pulling with my truck. I'm a 100% truck type guy, I use my truck, I don't just own it cause it's a big bad ass and very nice inside, NO I use it as a truck was meant to be used! Only thing I usually do not use it for is going to my dirtbike camp which has a soft parking area and I'm afraid I'll stick it there cause it's a heavy ass truck. I take the wife's jeep with a trailer.

7. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Diesel or gas?

I'm shopping for something to be able to pull 7000lbs or so but really have no use for a pickup truck other than that.

I'd love me a replacement for what I have not but not a Chrysler. I have an 08 diesel Grand Cherokee. Can tow 7600lbs with no issues.

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Diesel VW or Audi?

9. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Mine is a 2016 GMC Denali HD Duramax/Allison, 3/4 ton truck.

10. kiggy74

kiggy74 As useful as an...

Ha ha, hardly worth the effort. Ford fan boys are an interesting group.

11. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Same reason I'm not looking at the x5 too hard. Germans complicate shit too much. I have the merc 3.0 in my jeep so i have some experience.

I might just say screw it. Get s medium sized gas SUV for the towing purpose but I know it won't tow as nice. The jeep once you get up to 55mph never downshifts. The boost just goes up for hills.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oddly enough Chad doesn't own a Ford :crackup:

13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Nor a diesel.

D'ern owns a diesel, but it ain't a Blue Warning Sticker. :D

Razr likes this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: Not enough coffee and at the track, mixed up my canadians :D

15. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Wasn't the Diesel in the Jeep an Italian Fiat/ MVmotori engine or is that only the Ecodiesel in the Ram 1500?

My wife has a 2015 GLK250 and that little twin turbo diesel is absolutely fantastic, not as fast as the Audi or BMW 3 liters admittedly but with better mpgs.

16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Jeep was pre-Fiat. It was sourced from Mercedes.

masshole likes this.
  17. Andymax

Andymax Well-Known Member

The 2014-present Jeep Grand Cherokees also offer the EcoDiesel option...yes made by VM Motori, majority of which now owned by FCA. I have one...it tows fantastically well for a midsize SUV, and when I'm not towing I easily get over 30MPG on the highway, which is most of my driving. LOVE this thing...tows better (power-wise) than my previous truck a 2008 GMC 1500 with the 5.3L.

masshole likes this.
  18. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I always love reading/hearing that line. Give real perspective into the source of it. Same as "My Cummins get 20 loaded or empty"....

19. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Did you fucking confuse my with Dern?

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep.

:crackup:

If it helps I'm totally wiped after the last month or so...