1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MOTOAMERICA- utah round. who's going?

Discussion in 'General' started by cortezmachine, Feb 21, 2017.

1. G 97

G 97 Garth

Loved Debise post race1 interview and then he topped it after race2. :beer:

I'm a big JD fan but it's hard not to like both Garrett and Debise. You can really see the passion in all three, especially when they didn't race as good as they feel they are capable of. Really enjoy watching them race each other clean but hard. :clap:

2. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

Good coverage on Bein.. I liked that JP noted Toni's use of the clutch for his corner entry. It was impressive the way he could come in narrow and not run wide on the exits.
    Superstock 1000s. Bobby and that Kaw were impressive, until it wasn't. What's up with Danny and the TOBC bike? I was hoping to see them battle with the Westby crew at the front of the SS pack.

3. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I am sure Bobby wants to mix it up with he SBK guys, but going forward, he should dial it back and just make sure he wins the SS1000 race and maybe he can catch up in the Championship that way. From a racing standpoint, I would love to see him still up there battling with the Super bikes.

4. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

Did anyone catch Fong's wheelie while leaned over after bumping into Herrin ?

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

His crash was freakin' weird. Didn't look like he even pushed the front that hard. He just lost it and ended up doing the flippity flop through the dusty slop.

RRP likes this.
  6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I was surprised that he was behind. He's done so well that I figured he had a huge lead in the points. Thinking back though, he's had two or three DNF's though hasn't he?

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yeah, almost like when you roll off a bit, the front tire loads and your on your head. Didn't really look like he was out of shape or going in too hot or anything. Look like he was running his pace.

8. TOBC is dialing in the new 1000cc Superstock chassis bits (links/swingarms/triples/cups/etc. We had a good Q on Saturday but the afternoon heat induces different behavior. Working hard on it while our rider patiently waits for the sweet numbers.

Why not just run what worked in 2016? Because Fong, Scholtz, Lewis, and Gillim are all going faster. It's a moving target.

RM Racing, 5axis and GrayGhost like this.
  9. "Bike was sheet because I find no reverse gear. Dee French like reverse gear, we learned much from dee war"

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

No offense, but let's be honest. Danny is in no position to make any comments towards other riders with regards to PR.

11. I just saw the link of a link and I also giggled when I read that.

12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

He said in the post-race 2 interview (where he took 1st when Garret and JD crashed into each other) that he apologized for what he had said and that there might have been a misunderstanding. What he meant was that he had made a last minute decision to change something on the bike and it was in the wrong direction hence the bike was not working well, saying that his team/mech were absolved of blame since it was his choice and that the bike felt much better in race 2 (even though Valentine couldn't keep the Graves boys in site after the first couple of laps again).

Whether that was actually the case or he got a talking to from the team after race 1 to say something diplomatic who knows. I would agree that Danny isn't really the first person to be criticizing other riders about PR logistics, lol.

13. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

The self-deprecating sarcasm is so...Danny. He does understand who he is and he embraces it.

ekraft84 likes this.
  14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I still like him as much as I can like a smelly, beret and blue striped shirt wearing, jerry lewis watching pepe le pew Frenchman.

Sacre bleu!

15. wrlamkin

wrlamkin Well-Known Member

Utah was a great time. Glad all the WERA racers made the long haul out there.

turbulence and r6boater like this.
  16. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Excellent job by your boy!

17. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

I had totally spaced on the weekend and I bought tickets for the whole family to go to the nitro circus world tour that same weekend :(

Still motorcycles though....

18. caferace

caferace No.

Dude

-jim

19. jim weaver

jim weaver Well-Known Member

i kind of got the impression valintin was saying the changes he made made the bike handle like shit, and it was his fault.