1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for the cops

Discussion in 'General' started by crashman, May 29, 2017.

1. obcbr

obcbr Well-Known Member

Seriously, call the precinct now. Not acceptable.

2. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

You'd have to be out of your mind to take a photo of someone for evidentiary purposes with your own phone.

Just my opinion.

Ducti89 and wsmc 589 like this.
  3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You poor, poor man. Did he keep winking at you? :D

4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Wtf would you know? Texass aint Joisey. :p

Good to see you back posting. :beer:

5. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

This one time I saw a TV show where a guy playing a cop said "Don't do that". So that's what I go by :blart:

;)

BigBird and pickled egg like this.
  6. caferace

caferace No.

Do I look like I have eyes in the back of my head?

-jim

crashman and pickled egg like this.
  7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

That did it!

:crackup: :bow: :crackup:

caferace likes this.
  8. Capitalview

Capitalview Well-Known Member

If you have that experience you know very well no judge would allow her cell phone, or any social media to be brought into the case. It would be blocked on relevance issues. That is a something I would expect from a person trying to scare someone from making a complaint.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

9. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Oh dang, there are a bunch of online lawyers who are not happy right now. :crackup:

BigBird and crashman like this.
  10. Capitalview

Still shouldn't be done with a personal phone. Now some dudes phone with who knows what apps or malware on it could be interacting with department software?

11. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

It's call the truth in civil deposition and the state's attorney's will destroy her credibility using it because it has everything to do with relevance. Your entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts.

12. Capitalview

Your experience and facts may be true in your area but not mine. We all know how "consistent" the court system is across this country, or even Judge to Judge.

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  13. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I think you're trying to find a problem that isn't quite there. Assuming "some dude" is the officer, chances of him already "interacting" with Dept network is probably pretty high. Besides, if we're discussing this particular incident, he emails the photo to his work email and then uploads it to the appropriate software/program....not nearly as risky as you might think.

But it's just easier for some (not necessarily you CV) to engage in rants against LE....a lot of us get that.

14. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I am glad it did not go this direction because scabby lawyer shit like that would get me going full on FTP. And if you look at most threads you will see that I am one of the guys that support the cops... I do think all of the guys around here wear cameras though so unless his camera had an issue it would not have gotten to that point. Although I doubt that strategy would be successful. Both of my kids have been schooled in the evils of social media and keep their stuff pretty squeaky clean.

And I have no idea if it was a personal phone. For all I know it was a Dept. issued phone. Sorry if I inferred that it was not. This was just something that seemed out of the ordinary so I wanted opinions before I had to go to the police station to talk to someone. 99.9% of cops are good. I was just concerned I may be dealing with one of the 0.1%.

Capitalview, XFBO and joec like this.
  15. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Its perfectly reasonable to show concern as you did.

You had some facts but not all and you still acted rationally, even as a concerned father.

We are happy to help folks like you. It sounded suspicious to me, too. Im glad you posted their reasoning. Each agency has ways to identify people at a traffic stop. Thats a new method to me and something i wouldnt consider, ever.

crashman likes this.
  16. Capitalview

Agreed. My issue was the thought of it being a personal device. Using a personal device for government info should not happen,

Hillary...

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You really want to go there?

18. Capitalview

No.

I know better too. :(

19. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Glad to hear there is a good reason. If she was the victim of identity theft she would be glad there was a picture of not her when they come with the bench warrant. So actually a decent policy.

Happy to here there is not a chester the molester with a badge out there. Now about those pictures of her (just kidding I am old enough she could be my daughter also :beer:)

20. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Could be department provided.