1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Nicky

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, May 22, 2017.

1. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Saw it over 20,000 for a while.

Wingnut and B. Myers like this.
  2. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Same here. Seen 21K watching though.

3. G 97

G 97 Garth

Still can't believe it. Sad just sad.
    Can't imagine what his loved ones must be going thru.

4. Banditracer

Right now the MotoGP site is offering to let you watch The Doctor,The Tornado and The Kentucky Kid for free. You don't need the video pass. Don't know how long they'll have it up but if you haven't seen it now's a good time.

BigBird and L8RSK8R like this.
  5. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

My son and I were there. We got to go into the funeral home where I balled my eyes out. Ran into Tuna, good to see him. A sad day.

6. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

I watched the memorial service FB feed on my daughters account.

I'd like to say a heartfelt "Thank You" to his family for sharing this video memorial with those of us that couldn't attend in person. The admiration, respect and love for Nicky is immense. We will miss him and remember him but I'll be forever grateful that he was who he was and that we were all able to witness his life and achievements.

Greg White's video brought some serious tears- Thanks Greg!!

Ride On Nicky!!!

PATBAROK, CRA_Fizzer, Funkm05 and 2 others like this.
  7. acorn27

acorn27 4 out of 3 people in the world struggle with math

It was nice being able to tune into the service. Helped it kinda feel more real and give some closure. Heard the priest make reference to Greg Whites video. Anyone got a link?

8. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

9. Banditracer

10. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Shoot!...

I was scanning diagonally for a link.

My bad. My post is for lazy folks.... :D

11. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I believe this is it.

12. Christian157

Christian157 Well-Known Member

I was back towards the end of the procession and it went on for miles in front of me. RD, thanks for the info on the group in Louisville. I showed up less than a minute before they pulled out and rode to OWB with them. Nice group of guys.
    Left home this morning at 5:30 with Queens "We are the Champions" first auto radar gun I passed I looked up and realized I was doing 69mph in a 55 work zone. The whole day and ride was surreal. Met a few racers and a lot of great folks. Still can't believe he's gone. His number needs to be retired in MOTOGP and WSB in my opinion...
    2 funerals and 2 graduations in 6 days is too much of an emotional roller coaster for me not to mention the 4000 miles I have driven in the last 7. I'm drained. Good night

BigBird, Yzasserina, XFBO and 2 others like this.
  13. BigHeadzDC

BigHeadzDC One Track Wonder

Agreed.. MotoGP retired Simoncelli's #58 and he didn't have Nicky's credentials or impact on the sport..

14. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Sorry I didn't hook up with you guys. My son and I went solo for a couple of reasons but I did see the Louisville gang while we were there. All I can say is that I'm really glad I went.

15. RyanDCramer

RyanDCramer Well-Known Member

I finally lost it after watching this

16. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

We went down yesterday and participated in the funeral procession. Riding through Owensboro and seeing all the local folks old and young holding Nicky signs showed how much the whole town loved him. I had a hard time holding together in my helmet. Nicky has been an inspiration to me since I started in this sport and always will be.
    upload_2017-5-30_10-14-39.png

upload_2017-5-30_10-15-8.png

17. mattf

mattf Banned-a-lama-ding-dong.

Still seems so surreal.

418 likes this.
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Thanks to everyone who went, wish we could have made it :(

19. BigBird

BigBird blah

20. Suburbanrancher