1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nicky Hayden Injured

Discussion in 'General' started by ScottyRock155, May 17, 2017.

1. Thistle

Thistle Well-Known Member

A beautiful tribute from Honda. True class. Tommy's comments make me want to cry.

2. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Hearts and minds to all of us, but especially his family.

Ride the wind, Nicky.

3. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

I hope that Honda brings his 2006 RC211V to Laguna next month and allow either Roger or Tommy to do a lap in his honor

4. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Prayers for the family. Godspeed Nicky, I hope you and Simoncelli are tearing it up somewhere!

Pixelator and Wingnut like this.
  5. yuengling910

yuengling910 Loose Cannon

R.I.P. The world lost a great person and racer today. Thoughts to his entire family.

6. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

stunned.

RIP Champion

Stunned

7. bradd15

bradd15 Well-Known Member

RIP to a great person. Prayers for his family in this tough time.

8. deathblow

deathblow Well-Known Member

So incredibly sad. RIP Nicky.

9. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

RIP, Nicky. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family and fiance. What an amazing class act on and off the race track - you will be missed.

10. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Just gutted.

RIP champ.

11. I was good until I read Tommy's comments. Water works over here. To be that accomplished, talented, humble, friendly and positive is something we could all learn something from.

RIP #69.

DirtTrackin221 likes this.
  12. kiggy74

kiggy74 As useful as an...

Never imagined I'd be so affected by the passing of someone I had never personally met.

Condolences to the Hayden family. Your son, brother, fiance' will be sorely missed.

13. ducrcr

ducrcr reasonably fast old guy

Gutted.

RIP Champ.

14. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I hope Roger Lee, JD Beach, Jake Lewis, Nick McFadden and Hayden Gillim (all them Kentucky boyz) go out and kick some ass at Road America in honor of Nicky. Truly a sad day in the motorcycle community. Ride on Nicky

Last edited: May 22, 2017
  15. trispdtrip

trispdtrip Poor, Fat, Slow Racer

I'm not a religious guy but I have been sending anything and everything Nicky's way for the past couple days. Absolutely gutted when I heard the news.
    When I got into racing the Hayden's were it. Met Nicky a couple times and got him to sign my ticket after he won at Leguna. Feel like I lost a family member.
    So sad.
    RIP

16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

As if I needed another reason to hate Mondays. RIP.

17. condon66

condon66 Member well known

I keep looking here almost as if I don't believe it. I am glad I got to meet him and talk to him at Mid-Ohio years ago. He was there to support his bother and so he was able to just stand and shoot the bull with my brothers and me for a while. We are all fortunate to have been alive at the right time to have been able to know him and aspire to be like him. He was a better man than I. Even under unimaginable stress and expectations, he was never anything less than a perfect gentleman.

18. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Tears streaming. We are diminished. :(

19. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Heartbroken as well, I never really picked up on the seriousness of the incident when I first heard about it last week. At first, I was more concerned about the potential of paralysis and/or brain damage than I was about the thought of death.........I am so deeply saddened by it all, the incident and that his father was too ill to be at his son's bedside. As a parent, knowing the undying love we have for our children, it just breaks me up inside thinking how his dad must feel. I met him at the IndyGp in '12, he's just another class act in OUR beloved motorcycling community.

Prayers and condolences to the Hayden family, first, and all their friends. My heart goes out to each of you. :(

BigBird likes this.
  20. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..