1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can't wait to move the F out of this state...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Hooper, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

Thank gawd that I don't smoke because the tax on a pack of cigs goes up an extra $2 this weekend (that can't possibly cause any unintended consequences, right? :rolleyes:). Then, I just saw on the evening news that Governor Moonbeam is proposing an additional $.10/gal gas tax to make up the budget deficit needed for road improvements (anyone who has driven here knows that most CA roads suck as far as condition). He also proposes that electric cars could face an annual $100 road tax (or some such shit).

Why is it that dems always just want more money to piss away instead of maybe trying to eliminate waste and cut unnecessary programs?

Stupid question, I know.

Please, get me to a "Red" state ASAP! :eek:

P.S. Things could get real interesting around here if the feds do actually cut off funding to the dumb-ass "sanctuary cities".

Shenanigans likes this.
  2. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

I love the Sanctuary cities saying they will not cooperate and you can't cut off the money you are giving us.

Let me say that again just because it makes me laugh...

You can't cut off the money you are giving us.:crackup:

TurboBlew and XFBO like this.
  3. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I can sooooo relate to what you're saying I'm just in NJ.....luckily for me though, I'm currently in the process of getting my stuff straight here to list my home for sale so I can get on with my life in a 'Red' State! Looking forward to seeing how they do things differently down south and enjoying a more tranquil lifestyle in the process once I remove myself from one of the most densely populated regions in the country.

4. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

What red state did you decide on?

5. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Do The States not direct cash to the Feds, then ask for it to comeback in other forms of compensation?? (Road Funds, MediCare/Cade..)

6. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Tell Moonbeam if he hadn't pushed the mileage standards of cars so fucking high he would have no need for an additional gas tax.

TurboBlew likes this.
  7. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

The stupid cigarette tax alone just screams "more crime!".

Black markets anyone? Nevada is only a few hours away and anyone with a truck could make that trip worth their while.

How about just simple burglary of liquor stores/convenience stores/supermarkets/even trucks delivering cigarettes?

Or how about this for the "progressive" state of CA? Now, with the retail price so high for a pack of cigarettes, we will need a program to help low income people afford their smokes. More taxes for the working class!

8. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

It's funny that you say that. At least here in the bay area, there are so many hybrids and electrics on the road that I'm sure that there has been a significant impact on gas tax revenue.

9. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

To be honest, I am not sure of all of the webbing around the Fed income appart from what they cut from my check and tax tacked on to certain items.

That being said, the STATES are not getting (potentially) cut, just a few cancerous cells

10. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Why do you think you see paid use express lanes going in everywhere. They are laying the ground work for charging everyone by the mile. Here in Georgia it's called the Peach Pass. The idiots couldn't see the forest for the trees and shot themselves in the foot with fuel mileage standards, hybrids and electric cars.

11. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

99% on Tn.

Essentially yea, are you suggesting they might stop paying that portion of taxes? Good luck with that happening Cali! LOL!

Eric Garner incident anyone?

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  12. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

PLEASE don't bring any of the fucked up ideas from California down here. If the place was #$%$# paradise you would not have to flee. Before you start suggesting ANY improvements sit back and watch for a year or two minimum.

This from a double damn yankee.

V5 Racer likes this.
  13. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

You forgot the additional registration fee for all car based on cost of the vehicle. Worse is there's no cap, it goes up with inflation no end date.

14. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Californians, 5000 from Toyota alone, are absolutely infecting north Texas right now. I wont be here much longer. However, you can bet your ass I will gouge the shit out of those transplants when I sell my house. Inventory is terrible here and those cali folks have plenty of house money.

15. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Isn't it amazing. They move with their job and immediately try to start changing things to create the same environment as what they had in the state that was so fucked up that it made more sense for companies to relocate on the opposite side of the country than stay. I have met alot of great people from Cali but there are enough imbeciles in the mix that the whole migration is nothing more than a gigantic cancer to Texas. You know things were starting to get bad when Traitor Joes and In N Out moved in and were successful...

V5 Racer likes this.
  16. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

Yeah, I missed that part last night but caught it this morning. Also, on this morning's news they said that the proposed gas tax increase is $.12/gal not $.10. :(

17. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Feel lucky I have not met the nice ones yet.

18. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

You may have and just not known. The decent ones do not start off every sentence with "in California" so they are tougher to spot.:D

Boman Forklift likes this.
  19. ductune

ductune Well-Known Member

Are there any Tim Hortons?
    :)

20. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Its an interesting dynamic in some red states too. I'm not saying this is you, but Nashville's become a blue dot in a red state and its squarely because people want out of LA, the Bay area, Portland, Seattle, Chicago, NY, and Boston due to taxes and cost of living. They show up here, fucking up the local economy, because they sold a house for $4M (that should've really been about $200k) and they're flush with cash, so that $400K skinny house looks "just right", and while we're at it, let's take this leftover cash and buy a 800 sq ft condo downtown for another $250k and rent it out via AirBNB... And then they proclaim everything backward and redneck and start pushing hard left agendas all over town. If you're not immediately on board, you're a "bubba" or redneck, confederate, or racist. Some are pushing for Nashville to be a sanctuary city (the fairly new, lefty mayor has stated her wishes for police not to participate in citizenship enforcement - sort of an executive order) and a state congressman just introduced legislation to give illegals in-state tuition to all state schools.

I've always seen myself as middle of the road, but this recent situation has cause me to question that idea.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017