1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R6 Air filter rule via CCS Racing

Discussion in 'General' started by lonewrench, Mar 21, 2017.

1. There are definitive differences between what is allowed in Superstock and Supersport. That is why there are different 600 Superstock and 600 Supersport classes. Supersport bikes are allowed to use more/different parts, more can be done to the motors, they can use aftermarket radiators, they can run Slicks, etc.

I was just saything that because we (club racing orgs) have so many different classes and types/sizes of bikes, if an org wanted to adopt FIM rules and categories, those trim levels (legal modifications) for each respective category (Superstock, Supersport, or Superbike) could be applied to any size machine.

In other words, in FIM only has Superstock and Supersport for 600's, then for 1000's they have Superstock and Superbike. But for club racing orgs to try to adapt those rules (because there are so many different classes), the categories (and respective modification allowances) would have to be used for all types of bikes.

For example, there could be "LWT Superstock", "LWT Supersport" or "LWT Superbike" (same for 250's, HWTs, Vintage bikes, minis, Groms, etc).

It would just be up to the org to decide which trim level(s) will be utilized for each class.

Like, 1000s will be either Superstock or Superbike.
    600s will either be Superstock or Supersport.
    SVs will either be Superstock or Superbike.
    250's will only race as Superstock machines.
    So on and so forth.

2. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Please do not let Broome anywhere near a rule book. This "just run SS and SB" wipes out every GP bike (RS-125's, TZ-250'S, Morawaki) every cool limited production racer (the Kramer), the custom built hybrids (Joe Pomeroy's Aprilla/Yamaha build, every FZR400 with a 600 motor), off the wall home builds (Tularis and Brittens), retired GP bike (TZ-750's, Marlboro 500's), weird bikes built to slot into different classes (Cripples, 565 cc 600's, SV-500's), bikes adapted from other forms of racing (dirt bike based 450 singles, Super Moto bikes), Grey market stuff you can't buy here, and all the other cool stuff where the mechanic/ builder/ or off-kilter dreamer can still express themselves.

There is not as much of this stuff out there as there used to be but it' all part of what makes a cool sport cool.

Oh, and I think that 1299 would not be FIM legal either...

5axis likes this.
  3. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

Yeah, we have a 88db limit :(

4. Nowhere in any of my posts did I say anything about eliminating GP bikes or Formula bikes, nor did I say anything like "only run SS and SB".

The conversation is about having the same rules packages for the primary production bikes, and having a common definition what what makes a bike "Superstock legal".

So if someone is racing an SV, or R6, or 250, or whatever in a SS class with CCS or WERA or someone else, they can take that same bike and enter SS classes with other orgs.

As it is now, somebody can be racing in SS classes with one org, but to race in SS classes with another org they have to swap the MC, or windscreen, or run DOTs, or remove the Slipper Clutch, etc.

None of my posts had anything to do with any of the things you were going on about in your post. We are only talking about making it easier to race with other orgs, rather than everyone having a different definition of "SS legal".

5. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

The vintage rules are a minefield- ask RB. They have a board of trustees (AHRMA is non profit) and there's always some guy with some special bike that is trying to get the rules changed to suit him or conversely, keep the other guy's bike that's faster than his out.

I have no problem with rules parity, I think WERA should take up CCS LW rules immediately!

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I keep forgetting nothing exists prior to ten years ago for you.

Never mind.

I know what you were saying - however you have no idea what I was saying so no point continuing :D

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Get enough MW twins out there and I'll make a new class instead :D

Gino230 likes this.
  8. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

The ruling is not final on the DQ. During the 2nd ASRA round at CMP they will determine the final decision.

9. Germany

Germany I'm new, don't hate...

And if it's not fair we burn down the house.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk