07/08 GSXR 1000 race parts-AK gas, Penske, Hotbodies, rims

Discussion in 'Parts for Sale' started by gapman789, Mar 5, 2017.

1. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

These all came off of my 07 GSXR 1000 race bike.

Hotbodies bodywork with new-ish windscreen. Been to the track twice. No rash/crash damage.
    $250 plus shipping.

Penske triple shock, set up for 180-220 lbs. Refreshed 2 yrs ago, but only has been used a couple of times. Been on the shelf for last 9 months. This will fit '06-'10 GSXR 600 and 750 but the spring and valving may not be exactly right for your application. -
    $625 shipped

AK GAS forks - Same amount of use as the Penske. Good shape, no crash/rash damage. These forks work amazingly.
    $775 shipped

I also have a set of rims, complete....Normal tire changing marks, nicks, scrapes. Great rims for a race bike.
    $450 shipped.

hotbodies 1000.jpg hotbodies 1000 1.jpg penske gsxr 1000.jpg penske gsxr 1000 1.jpg gsxr ak gas.jpg gsxr ak gas 1.jpg gsxr ak gas 2.jpg gsxr ak gas 3.jpg gsxr ak gas 4.jpg

2. zammer

zammer Well-Known Member

What's the spring rate on the shock?

3. gapman789

I'm 99% certain it is a 625....I'll have to dig up notes or take the bottom collar off to check it. I'm sure it is the suggested spring rate for a 205-ish lb rider w/gear.

4. warclok

warclok Well-Known Member

Will the plastics fit a 2008 750?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Dustin Little

Dustin Little Member

I'm interested in the forks (for the AK cartridges). Without the decals on the fork ends, do you have anything to guarantee me that's what I'd be getting?

Sent from my LG-AS991 using Tapatalk

6. gapman789

I can show you correspondence (emails), paypal receipts, the members name that i bought them from here, etc...
    I actually requested some 'AK-GAS' decals from Traxxion and never got them. Not to show proof of what they are, but you want everybody to know that you have some awesome forks. :)

I would even consider sending them out to have them refreshed and setup for you. But, if you are similar in weight, I wouldn't have them refreshed at this point. They have such minimal use.

edit: I'm going through my emails now, and these have 1.1 springs, they are EX-Vesrah forks, internally extended so no fork cap extenders needed, and have 'Vesrah' engraved on the bottom. I'll go check that out for sure.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
  7. gapman789

Man, sorry for the late reply. I need to change my alert settings.

Anything is possible, but the 07/08 1000 bodywork is not a direct fit for any other bike.

8. Dustin Little

Dustin Little Member

I'd have you send to Traxxion so that they could swap the internals into my forks. I've got a 04 GSXR 750; your forks aren't a direct fit.
    I'm going to pull the cap on one of my forks tomorrow night to verify it has stock internals. I'm thinking it does, but was told it has AK20s. If they're stock, we'll start working out shipping arrangements.

9. gapman789

The ak gas internals will fit 04?

10. Dustin Little

Dustin Little Member

Pretty sure they'll fit almost anything.

11. HardcoreMike

HardcoreMike Active Member

Is the 07 1000 body work still available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Dustin Little

Dustin Little Member

Due to the cost of refreshing and respringing (I think I need 1.0s), it is more cost effective for me to send my forks in for AK-20s.

13. Mr.bcharrison

Mr.bcharrison Member

Is the shock still available?

14. gapman789

Damn, just now saw this....yes Penske shock and AK-GAS forks are still available.

15. gapman789

Penske shock and hotbodies bodywork sold.

AK-GAS forks still available.

16. gpronniev

gpronniev Member

This may be a stupid question, BUT do you still have the body work.

17. chevibubba

chevibubba Well-Known Member

Forks still available?