1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Obama, 1-21-17 and beyond.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Nov 12, 2016.

1. banzai132

banzai132 Oh shit! not again!

Why doesn't Judge Janine do the same thing? She is actually worth the 250k speaking fee.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well shit, looks like he might have to be on food stamps soon. Their book contract is only $60 million. :crackup:

3. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Saw something about that being a record amount for a book contract. Were they talking about a record for the subject matter or record amount ever offered on a book overall? I meant to look that up and wasn't sure if anyone else had seen it.

4. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

It was a record offer for a former president. The highest offer before President Obama's was for President Clinton ($15M).

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I'll add that one to the list of other former President's books I haven't read.

6. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I expect it to do almost as well as Hillary's last book.

XFBO likes this.
  7. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I have to stop my scanning here of the thread (which is like listening to an old Art Bell show in that the predictions have passed and mostly failed).

The LARGE MAJORITY of lies on DoD extreme costs were just that a lie. For instance the 800 toilet seat, yep it fit in a plane and had to be able to survive high G forces (I seem to recall they were for a fighter) add in the unique design and low volume. Ooops and all the government certification requirements and THAT is why not the other lies and nonsense. When you can go to Lowes and pick up one that looks correct hammers are $10. When you have to provide 25 pages of environmental impact, verify manufacturing process certification and in some cases make it out of Titanium yep hammers are 800.

But as was stated a lie told often enough becomes the truth, at least for some :timeforabeer:

8. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

It's titled, "The 57 States I Have Visited".

:cool:

XFBO likes this.
  9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I am aware that the silly level of documentation, etc that goes into a government contract jacks up the price. I recall a quote from an Army general regarding the selection of their new sidearm, something along the lines of "give me the credit card and I'll go buy them all at Cabella's and save the Army $50million" (totally paraphrased, but you get the gist). But there is "black" money hidden all around, and it's renamed as something innocuous so as not to give potential enemies an idea what our capabilities or tech are.

10. sheepofblue

Actually there is a section of the budget that is not public. Again it is not that mysterious and they are not that clever (nor is there a need). Life is not the movies.

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

$65,000,000.00 to be exact.

12. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Nothing would bring me more pleasure than to see that book barely make the top 10 list after it's release and extra giggles if the publisher doesn't break even.......

13. sheepofblue

I already heard of some deal to give them away. It will make the top 10 if Soros has to buy 50K and burn them.

14. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

His book will go to the top of the best seller list

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Even if Soros has to buy most of the first printing.

16. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Let us ask this: Are you bitter about something?....

:D

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Bitter would be a bit of an overstatement, but for a former President to be actively working to undermine a sitting President is a bit much IMHO.

18. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Obama won't need to have Soros buy books. He had a shit load of people vote for him and he'll be in every book store and airport.

19. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

This. Too bad Floppy Ears did not have the class of his predecessor but his arrogance and fanaticism will not allow him to step back and let Trump try to do the job.
    What is really humorous is knowing how loud the Democrats would howl if someone did that to a Democrat President...

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Aside from the fact that the latest president to make public comments about Trump's policies was G-Dub, I think that it would be interesting to ask someone like Merrick Garland what he thinks of traditions that have gone the way of the dodo since the Great Uniter was elected. :D