Going to Moto GP Race - TT Circuit Assen or Sachsenring Germany??

Discussion in 'General' started by zracer196, Feb 15, 2017.

1. zracer196

zracer196 Well-Known Member

One more question before I pay for the tickets...

I can only do one of these. I was set on Assen (seems like a fast track and it works with the rest of our trip timing wise) but figured I would ask the board their opinion.

Which ONE would you do? And why? I will have my family with me. Saturday and Sunday only.

Thanks in advance!

2. Phl218

Phl218 .

Sachsenring. but i am biased.

actually Assen, because i've already been to the Sachsenring.

you're welcome :D

3. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Sachsenring is kind of in the middle of nowhere. Not Sure if you have a car but it was a hike from the train station.

4. zracer196

LOL! Thanks I think...

I will have a car...

5. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

I've been to both.

Assen is a little hard to get to, a lot of fun, big party, but it always pisses down rain at least one of the days. There is a difference between the "old" Assen and the "new" Assen tracks. You will share the track accommodations with 50,000 of the drunkest English and Dutch fans. When I went they used to run the race on Saturday.

Sachsenring is cheaper for hotels and food, Chemnitz is essentially a city of 500,000 people that became a ghost town. The race is okay, the track is short like Laguna, but you still only see a little part of the track from a grandstand seat. It can be hot and bottled water costs more than beer inside the track. Expect for it to take about 3 hours to get out of the track parking lot.

I'd pick Assen.....unless you can leave the Sachsenring and go straight to Prague.

6. zracer196

OK sounds like Assen then. I am going to go with special covered seating through Pole Position...So that should help if it rains!

caferace likes this.
  7. caferace

caferace No.

More Q's are fine if needed. I know stuff. ;)

-jim

8. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Is Stoner there?

caferace likes this.
  9. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Sachsenring is by far my favorite race of the year, for TV.

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

Phillip Island...oh not part of the question...continue on