1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lending and renting gear

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by glenngsxr, Dec 14, 2016.

1. glenngsxr

glenngsxr Well-Known Member

I've been involved with the MRA off and on for many years and a WERA lurker for quite awhile as well. I know how expensive racing is, especially when you are just starting out. For the past few years, I have been creating a peer to peer rental website where people can lend and rent anything to anyone. Renting some of the things you need can save you a ton of money so you can spend your money on what counts......time in the saddle. It's a great way to make money on things you own and save money on things you need. We've been live for about nine months now and launched a brand new version last week. I've got extra gloves, boots, stands, tools, warmers, transponders, etc. I am sure most of you have extra stuff that you don't want to necessarily sell, but don't always use. Great way to make money off stuff you already own, plus there is something gratifying about helping another racer in need, too. We have a security deposit system so you get made whole in the case of theft or damage. You set the amount. I am adding a shipping module in the coming weeks as well.

I'd be happy to answer any questions, but I think it could be a great tool for lots of people. Enjoy the winter months!

https://www.lendmeyourgear.com/

Glenn Carlson

BHP41 and kyle159 like this.
  2. glenngsxr

Just a reminder to everyone as race season approaches. I have a bunch of my stuff listed already. If you have extra stuff you're willing to lend to other racers, list it today! Heck, you could even lend your race bikes to other racers if you wanted to. www.lendmeyourgear.com

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

On a related note - get them to sign a released absolving you of any liability....

4. glenngsxr

Race season has arrived and Lend Me Your Gear has grown into seven states now! I have a bunch of my race gear listed. Warmers, boots, transponder, gloves, canopies, leathers, GoPro, tools, and more......https://www.lendmeyourgear.com/

If you have stuff like this, you can rent it out. Free to join! Help other racers, make a little money, help others save a little money, too!