1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The new Metallica album

Discussion in 'General' started by Metalhead, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I don't think I do, but for a Gibson/Marshall I can pick it up!

2. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

Accurate assessment.

3. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

Which pretty much invalidates your opinion.

4. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

Beggars can't be choosers.

Razr likes this.
  5. Chango

Chango Something clever!

How so? Lack of talent or disinterest does not make one opinion more valid than another.

6. My opinion is worthless because I strongly dislike the album and think its a hot pile of garbage that sounds like it was produced inside a trash can in someones grandmothers garage, but if I liked it and agreed that it was a good album my opinion would be worth something.

ToofPic, brex and Razr like this.
  7. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Probably a good move, I already have a closet full of guitars/amps/basses that I can'y play!
    I keep thinking if I got a real good guitar I could play better.

8. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

So they recorded it in the same place they ruined "Justice"? :D

9. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Kill em All,Ride the Lightning,Master of Puppets,then look at all the other albums after that.
    Its progressively turned limp.Its now a family friendly venue where you can bring the wife,and kids.
    They sell out everywhere they go,but lets be honest.The long hairs and scary kids are long gone.

Metallica is the dirty stripper you married yrs ago,and has now morphed into the fat soccer mom.o_O

10. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

No, it doesn't. That is idiotic.

That's like saying you can't go to the art gallery unless you're a painter, can't appreciate the museum unless you're an archaeologist, can't have an opinion on football unless you played D1 ball, and on and on and on.

We get it, you can play. That's great. However, all that's needed to determine the new Metallica album inhales balls is a fucking pair of ears.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Agreed, they aren't making albums for people who are experts at playing music.

12. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

Justice (IMHO) was the last really good one they did.

Its probably tough, at their age, to be the long head scary kids they once were and if you arent that you dont attract that. Those of us who bought Master in Jr. High and banged our heads until we saw stars are still their target audience. Most of our musical tastes have changed a little and they are probably trying to keep up. I still love to turn Orion up to 11 and air guitar on the steering wheel but I also like a little chill in my life as well.

Most of us arent the same person we were when we bought Master, why should we expect them to be? I guess if I was still wearing cut up, bleached 501's that were 2 sizes too small, a faded out AC/DC shirt and sneaking smokes in the stoner parking lot I would be pissed but I'm not... so I get it.

Metalhead likes this.
  13. Phl218

Phl218 .

well, it's like Schubert 's Sonata in A Major is crap just because you don't like the bang of it. or it doesn't sound like Mozart. or you have played the piano for a while and Chopin was your absolute favorite.

seems like we are going to argue about the weather on here soon...

14. The best temperature is 68 degrees, slight breeze from the NW and no humidity.

15. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

That's too damn cold

16. Phl218

Phl218 .

:stupid:

nothing under 72

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

When you're talking about something that is always subjective (music and pretty much any art) then it can be crap to one person and the most amazing expression ever to another. Neither is wrong, neither is right.

18. Phl218

Phl218 .

but everyone's an expert :D

19. ChuckS

ChuckS Well-Known Member

They're playing some of it on the local hard rock station.
    Bleh to the Bleh.
    I'll stick to Master of Puppets and Ride the Lightning, thanks.

20. Your opinion is invalid because you aren't a meteorologist nor do you agree with my opinion.