1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ford Transit Diesel

Discussion in 'General' started by Boman Forklift, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I agree, there are some definite disadvantages to the Golden State. However, the weather is pretty nice, I would have left to another warm location years ago, except my wife was born and raised here, so she isn't really digging living somewhere else. Once the kids can't afford housing here, and move somewhere else, then I see that possibility changing. Especially if any babies come along. :)

Very true oldies. My first company I bought in 2005 had four 84 Chevy box vans. Initially got two 96's and then bought a used 05 Isuzu around 08 and a used 06 Chevy box van with 32K miles in 09, for only 10-11K when the economy was horrible.

Unfortunately, we are a smaller independent type forklift repair shop with 10-14 employees. I have to be frugal, I've seen a bunch of other shops go down. At the end of 2014, I bought another (previously much bigger forklift company) to merge with mine. It was bleeding cash so badly, it almost took me down as well. It appears I've stabilized the ship, right sized my employee base, and now I just have to get it to start profitably growing.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Eh, I get it. It's like all the trucks being F series even though the SuperDuty is night and day different. The Connect being an E150 and the full size being a 250 or 350 would make it easier to type :D

3. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

But the Transit and Connect are totally different platforms- don't know if they still are but the connect was built on the Focus platform. I think it's more a case of Ford trying to upsell the connect using the proven (outside the USA anyway) Transit. Dodge does it too with the "promaster city"

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The F150 and the F250/350 are different platforms too.

I get them using the transit name as I said - we just have to get used to it.

5. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

The Transit comes in 150, 250 and 350 varieties already depending on how much stuff you need to haul, so the Transit Connect would be more of a Ranger equivalent, but even less heavy duty than that in reality.

6. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

It sucks where I am..... Woods track in my front yard, shoot guns off my porch, 1 mile from the lake, 400' long driveway, you can count the cars that pass by my house on 2 hands, long front porch looking at the mountains..... Thinking about moving to Atl.... Look me up if you are ever in the area. We can sit on the porch and be depressed together.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  7. wrlamkin

wrlamkin Well-Known Member

We have 2500 diesel here at work. Had problem with the transmission at 1,500 miles. They put in a new transmission and no issues since. Gets about 20 mpg, with extended length and cab height. I would recommend buying one.

8. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Doesnt have thoes pesky wide fenders like a dually either :Poke:

wrlamkin likes this.
  9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Will do Cam!!! I know I will be in Nashville, TN in the fall for a wedding, but that is probably at least 4 hours away? Maybe next year I will try and make the GNF races to spectate.

Thank you very much!!! The mileage sounds great....having transmission issues like a Chrysler...is a bit scary.

Cam Morehead likes this.
  10. KNickers

KNickers Well-Known Member

I hear ya. They need a version with just a 2nd row bench and side windows but cargo behind that.

11. KNickers

KNickers Well-Known Member

Yup - I was referring to the full size.

12. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

I have the EcoBoost gasser. Fuckin awesome. Have no reason for the diesel.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  13. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Mang, its the snowbird time of the year. Take that drive to sunny southern cali.